‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme
⇒ On the occasion of Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas on 15 November 2021, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Madhya Pradesh to participate in Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas Mahasammelan at Jamburi Maidan, Bhopal.
In the Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas Mahasammelan, Prime Minister launched the ‘Ration Aapke Gram’ scheme in Madhya Pradesh.
It is aimed at delivering the monthly quota of PDS Ration to beneficiaries from janjatiya community in their own villages every month, so that they don’t have to travel to the Fair Price Shop to collect their ration.
Nationwide AHDF KCC Campaign
⇒ Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying Shri Parshottam Rupala launched a “Nationwide AHDF KCC Campaign” on November 15, 2021.
The Campaign aims to expand the benefits of Kisan Credit Card to all eligible animal husbandry and fishery farmers in the country.
The Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (DAHD), in association with the Department of Fisheries and the Department of Financial Services, is organizing this “Nationwide AHDF KCC Campaign” from November 15, 2021 to February 15, 2022.
- Under this Campaign, the target for this Department is to cover all eligible farmers who are involved in various Animal Husbandry activities like rearing of bovines, goat, pig, poultry and other allied activities.
- The Campaign will attempt to saturate all eligible dairy farmers associated with milk unions/MPCs who have not yet been covered in the earlier campaign.
‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’ Book
⇒ Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar released a book titled ‘FORCE IN STATECRAFT’ in New Delhi on November 13, 2021.
The book has been edited by Commandant of National Defence College (NDC) Air Marshal Diptendu Choudhury and President’s Chair of Excellence at NDC Air Vice Marshal (Dr) Arjun Subramaniam (Retd).
The book is a compilation of essays on topics viz counter-insurgency operations, conflict in North East, air power, nuclear posture etc which give conceptual understanding and facets of India’s national security.
Citizen’s Tele-Law Mobile App
⇒ Union Minister of Law and Justice Shri Kiren Rijiju launched the Citizen’s Tele-Law Mobile App. He also felicitated the Tele-Law Frontline Functionaries.
Under the Digital India scheme, e-interface platform Tele Law was developed. It is a platform to strengthen the pre-litigation mechanism in the country.
On this occasion the Minister of State of Law and Justice Prof. S.P. Singh Baghel highlighted:
The Citizens’ Tele-Law Mobile App would be a first of its kind wherein as part of our constitutional mandate for providing equal opportunities before law, every citizen would now be entitled to have access to lawyer on a touch of a finger.
32nd edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol
⇒ The 32nd edition of India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol (Indo-Thai CORPAT) between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy was conducted from 12–14 November 2021.
Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, an indigenously built Missile Corvette and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Tayanchon, a Khamrosin Class Anti-Submarine Patrol Craft, along with Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both navies participated in the CORPAT.
- Towards reinforcing maritime links between the two countries and with an aim of keeping this vital part of the Indian Ocean safe and secure for international trade, the two navies have been undertaking CORPAT bi-annually since 2005 along their International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL).
- CORPAT builds up understanding and interoperability between navies and facilitates institution of measures to prevent and suppress unlawful activities like Illegal Unreported Unregulated (IUU) fishing, drug trafficking, maritime terrorism, armed robbery and piracy.
- It further helps enhance the operational synergy by exchange of information for prevention of smuggling, illegal immigration and for conduct of search and rescue (SAR) operations at sea.
WTT Contender Lasko 2021
⇒ WTT Contender Lasko 2021 was held in Lasko, Slovenia from 4 November to 7 November 2021.
India’s Manika Batra and Archana Girish Kamath bagged the women’s doubles title at the World Table Tennis Contender Lasko 2021 event, beating Puerto Rico’s Diaz sisters, Adriana and Melanie, in three games in the final on 07 November 2021.
WTT Contender Tunis 2021
⇒ World Table Tennis Contender Tunis 2021 was held in Tunis, Tunisia from 27 October to 30 October 2021.
India’s G Sathiyan and Harmeet Desai won the men’s doubles title at the WTT Contender Tunis 2021 event.