MoU between Ministry of Tourism and IRCTC
⇒ Ministry of Tourism in its ongoing effort to strengthen the Hospitality & Tourism Industry has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) on 10 November 2021.
- Ministry of Tourism has already signed similar MOUs with Easy My Trip, Cleartrip, Yatra.com, Make My Trip and Goibibo.
- The primary objective of this MOU is to provide an extensive visibility to accommodation units, which have self-certified themselves on SAATHI (System for Assessment, Awareness & Training for the Hospitality Industry) on the OTA platform.
- The MoU also outlines both parties to encourage Units to register on NIDHI and thereby on SAATHI and encourage local tourism Industry with appropriate safeguards for curbing spread of COVID-19.
State Cartoon Award 2019-20
⇒ Dinraj of Valapad has won the State cartoon award 2019-20 instituted by the Kerala Lalithakala Akademi for his cartoon titled ‘Raja and Maharaja’.
Radhakrishnan of Ponnurunni and Ratheesh Ravi of Perumanoor were selected for honourable mention.
The awards carry Rs 25,000 and a citation each.
Indian Bank launches video KYC facility
⇒ Public sector Indian Bank has launched the Video KYC (know your customer) facility, which allows an applicant to open an account from anywhere by incorporating its Video-Based Customer Identification Process (VCIP) technology, on its web-based platforms.
The Video KYC facility, developed in conjunction with Gieom Business Solutions, further simplifies the subsequent steps and would deliver the cheque book and ATM card to the registered address of a customer.
National Achievement Survey 2021
⇒ The National Achievement Survey 2021, was successfully conducted across all 36 states and UTs of the country.
- The National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) has developed the Assessment Framework for gauging the competencies attained by the students vis-a-vis learning outcomes.
- NAS is undertaken by the Ministry of Education.
4th edition of the India-Korea Business Partnership Forum
⇒ The Minister for Commerce & Industry, Textiles, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution, Shri Piyush Goyal Virtually addressed the 4th edition of the India-Korea Business Partnership Forum organized by CII-KITA in New Delhi on 12 November 2021.
Addressing the India-Korea Business Partnership Forum, Shri Goyal said:
- FDI in India has been growing rapidly over the last few years.
- He invited South Korean entrepreneurs to invest in new sectors like Defence and Retail.
- India plans to manufacture 5 billion vaccines next year and ensure the safety and security of people across the world post-vaccination.
US Navy launches ship named after gay rights leader
⇒ The US Navy has launched a ship named after slain gay rights activist Harvey Milk.
- USNS Harvey Milk was launched on 06 November 2021 at San Diego Bay. It is one of six new ships to be named after famed US civil rights leaders.
Others include former Chief Justice Earl Warren and slain presidential candidate Robert Kennedy.
2021 Paris Masters
⇒ 2021 Paris Masters tennis tournament was held in Paris, France from 1 to 7 November 2021. It was the 49th edition of the tournament.
Novak Djokovic beat defending champion Daniil Medvedev 4-6 6-3 6-3 to win a record sixth Paris title and 37th Masters 1000 crown in Paris, France.
Tim Pütz and Michael Venus defeated Pierre-Hugues Herbert and Nicolas Mahut in the final to win the Doubles title at the 2021 Paris Masters.