Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visits Gujarat
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Gujarat on 28 May, 2022.
» Prime Minister addressed the seminar of leaders of various cooperative institutions on ‘Sahakar Se Samriddhi’ at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar, where he also inaugurated the Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant constructed at IFFCO, Kalol.
- The Prime Minister informed India is the second-largest consumer of urea in the world but only the third-largest producer. After the formation of the government in 2014, the government did 100% neem coating of urea. This ensured that the farmers of the country got enough urea.
- The cooperative sector of Gujarat has been a role model for the entire nation. There are more than 84,000 societies in the State in the Cooperative Sector. About 231 lakh members are associated with these societies.
- In yet another step towards further strengthening the cooperative movement in the state, the organization of a Seminar of leaders of various Cooperative institutions on ‘Sahakar Se Samriddhi’ took place at Mahatma Mandir, Gandhinagar.
- More than 7,000 representatives from various cooperative institutions of the State participated in the Seminar.
About Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant:
- Nano Urea (Liquid) Plant is constructed at a cost of around Rs 175 crores.
- The ultramodern Nano Fertilizer Plant has been established keeping in mind the increase in crop yield through the use of Nano Urea.
- The Plant will produce about 1.5 lakh bottles of 500 ml per day.
INS Gomati decommissioned
⇒ Having served the nation and the Indian Navy with great distinction for 34 eventful years, INS Gomati was decommissioned at sunset at the Naval Dockyard in Mumbai on 28 May 2022.
INS Gomati derives her name from the vibrant river Gomti and was commissioned on 16 April 1988 by then Raksha Mantri, Shri KC Pant, at Mazagon Dock Ltd, Bombay.
- During her service, she participated in Operations Cactus, Parakram and Rainbow, and several bilateral and multinational naval exercises.
- The third ship of the Godavari class guided-missile frigates, INS Gomati was also the oldest warrior of the Western Fleet when decommissioned.
- After her decommissioning, the ship’s legacy will be kept alive in an open-air museum being set up on the picturesque banks of the eponymous river Gomti in Lucknow where several of her combat systems will be displayed as military and war relics.
Intellectual Property (IP) Awards
⇒ Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), the premier Telecom R&D Centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India organized the annual Intellectual Property (IP) awards ceremony to felicitate its IP achievers in various areas of Telecom.
- Intellectual Property awards are conferred annually in C-DOT that are aimed at recognizing and rewarding the inventors and contributors.
- This year witnessed the IP contributions in diverse areas spanning Wi-Fi, 4G/5G, Broadcasting, Network Management, Security and Disaster Management.
- Researchers were honoured for their contribution towards Patents (Indian/Foreign), Trademarks, Copyrights, Design Registrations and publication of papers in various conferences and journals.
- A total of 43 inventors were awarded for their commendable achievements. Awards were distributed for achievements in the area of patents, copyrights, and design and research papers.
Meeting between Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and UAE Climate Envoy and Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology
⇒ Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav had a bilateral meeting with Dr Sultan Al Jaber, UAE Climate Envoy and Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology in May 2022.
Discussion & MoU:
» In the meeting, they discussed issues relating to climate change, hosting of COP 28 and other related matters.
» Prior to the bilateral meeting, a MoU on Climate Action was also signed by the Hon’ble Ministers.
- The basic objective of this MoU is to establish a framework to facilitate and enhance bilateral cooperation on climate action, and also contributes towards implementing the Paris Agreement.
» Union Environment Minister also requested UAE to consider joining Coalition for Disaster Resilience Infrastructure (CDRI) and Leadership Group for Industry Transition (LeadIT).
» Both sides also acknowledged that with the signing of the MoU on climate change, both sides may explore on how to strengthen bilateral cooperation on climate action mutually, especially in the areas and activities identified in the MoU.
Index Design Fair 2022 at Dubai, UAE
⇒ Export Promotion Council for Handicrafts (EPCH) set-up an exclusive Handicrafts of India pavilion along with member exporters in Index Design Fair 2022 from 24 – 26 May, 2022.
- The EPCH India pavilion was Inaugurated by Dr. Aman Puri Consul General, Consulate General of India at Dubai.
- Dr. Rakesh Kumar, DG EPCH informed that this year, 29 out of 50 Indian companies participated in INDEX Fair.
- More than 500 companies participated and attract over 20,000 trade visitors in this edition of Index 2022 after a gap of 2-year Covid Pandemic.
» EPCH is a nodal organisation responsible for promotion of exports of handcrafted products from India to various global destinations and project India’s image abroad as a reliable supplier at competitive prices.
Takshashila Sports Complex, Pune
⇒ Union Minister for Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Anurag Thakur inaugurated the Takshashila Sports Complex built by the Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) at Viman Nagar on 28 May 2022.
About the Takshashila Sports Complex:
» With the objective to create international level sportsmen, Pune Municipal Corporation has developed Takshashila Sports Complex at Viman Nagar with the investment of around Rs 2.1 cr.
- International level facilities for Basket Ball, Volley Ball and Kabaddi have been developed at the sports complex.
- There is an open-air gymnasium at the complex apart from state-of the art facilities for the sportspersons. Similarly, a mini football ground has also been developed.
- There is a high-tech bridge connecting the sports complex and neighbouring international level skating arena.
- A spectator gallery with seating capacity of 1500 will soon be developed at the sports complex built on around one acre land.
- Arrangements are being made to train 400 sportspersons in the near future.