- A comprehensive initiative called “PM eVIDYA” is taken by government to ensure quality education in Rural Areas & it will benefit nearly 27 crore school going children across the country. It unifies all efforts related to digital/online/on-air education to enable multi-mode access to education.
The initiative includes, where work is in progress:
- “DIKSHA”, the nation’s digital infrastructure for providing quality e-content for school education in states/UTs
- One earmarked TV channel in SWAYAM PRABHA per class from 1 to 12 (one class, one channel)
- SWAYAM Portal, E-PATHASHALA, Community radio and CBSE Podcast- ShikshaVani
- Special e-content for visually and hearing impaired developed on Digitally Accessible Information System and in sign language on NIOS website/ YouTube
- Union Minister of Culture Shri Prahlad Singh Patel released a grant of Rupees 5462.69 Lakh to artist community under various central sector schemes. This aims to help artists during pandemic.
- On 15 September 2020, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated various projects under “Namami Gange” yojana and “AMRUT” yojana & laid the foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar via video conferencing. The implementation of these projects has been undertaken by BUIDCO under Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar & the total cost of of these projects is Rs 541 crore.
Details of Projects are:
- Sewerage treatment plants built under Namami Gange, at Beur and Karmalichak, in Patna Municipal Corporation
- Water supply projects built under AMRUT Mission in Siwan Municipal Council and Chapra Municipal Corporation
- Foundation stone of Munger water supply scheme under AMRUT Mission in Munger Municipal Corporation
- Foundation stone of Jamalpur water supply scheme under AMRUT Mission, in Jamalpur Municipal Council
- Foundation stone of Muzaffarpur Riverfront Development Scheme, under Namami Gange, Muzaffarpur: Under the project, three ghats Poorvi Akhada Ghat, Seedhi Ghat and Chandwara Ghat will be developed in Muzaffarpur.
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries Harsimrat Kaur Badal resigned on 17th September, 2020 in protest over the farm bills.
- World Bank’s annual Human Capital Index (HCI) 2020, released on 16th September, 2020. India has been ranked at the 116th position among 174 countries. India scored 0.49 in annual Human Capital Index 2020 while Singapore scored Highest 0.88 & Central African Republic scored lowest 0.29.
- Indian Cricket Captain Virat Kohli maintained the 1st position in the ICC ODI rankings for batsmen.
- Ayurveda physician Dr P R Krishnakumar passed away due to Covid-19 on 16 Sep 2020. He was 68. He was founder and managing director of Arya Vaidya Pharmacy & chancellor of Avinashilingam University.
- 29 years old photographer Sridhar Balasubramaniyam from Coimbatore won the Alkazi Theatre Photography Grant 2020. The grant was issued by the Alkazi Foundation for Arts, New Delhi.
The Kerala State Chalachitra Academy has announced, 25th edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) will be held from 12 to 19 February, 2021.