- On the occasion of Engineers Day i.e 15th September, 2020, Department of Posts released a Customized My Stamp on India’s First Anti Satellite Missile (A-SAT).
- British Police hand over the three sculptures of Lord Rama, Lakshamana and Mata Sita to Indian High Commission in London on 15th September, 2020. These sculptures are the masterpieces of Indian Metal Art. Stylistically these sculptures are datable to 15th century A.D.
- On 14th September, 2020, two important bills of the Ministry of AYUSH passed by Lok Sabha. It includes “National Commission for Indian System of Medicine Bill, 2020” and “National Commission for Homoeopathy Bill 2020”. These two bills will replace the existing Indian Medicine Central Council Act, 1970 and the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973. On 18th March, 2020, Rajya Sabha had already passed both the bills.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has approved the Haryana Orbital Rail Corridor Project from Palwal to Sonipat via Sohna-Manesar-Kharkhauda on 15th September, 2020. This Rail Line will start from Palwal and end at existing Harsana Kalan station & total length of the project is 121.7 km. The project will be implemented by Haryana Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (HRIDC), a Joint Venture company set up by Ministry of Railways with Government of Haryana. Its estimated cost of project will be Rs 5,617 crore.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY) at Darbhanga, Bihar on 15th September, 2020. Its total cost will be Rs.1264 crore.
- The Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu Inaugurated online Global Ayurveda Summit organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), on 15th September, 2020. The theme of the summit was “Ayurveda for immunity“.
- The Union Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Kiren Rijiju laid foundation for a Synthetic Track & Astroturf for football in Lehat Open Stadium on 14th September, 2020. The estimated cost of project is 10.68 crore. The project will be completed by January, 2021.
- The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the nation the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu (mega bridge) to the Nation via video conference on 18th September, 2020. The Kosi Rail Mahasetu is 1.9 KM long. Its construction cost is Rs 516 Crore.
- The first volume of former President Barack Obama’s memoir “A Promised Land” is coming out November 17, 2020.
He tweeted about book, In A Promised Land, I try to provide an honest accounting of my presidency, the forces we grapple with as a nation, and how we can heal our divisions and make democracy work for everybody.
- Rajya Sabha member from Karnataka, Ashok Gasti died due to COVID-19 on 17 September, 2020. He was 55.
- Former DMK MP A. Kalanithi died due to cardiac arrest on 18th September, 2020. He was two-time Member of Parliament from Central Madras.
- The Rohtang tunnel, named Atal Tunnel is 9.2 km long, 10.5 metres wide, including a 1-metre footpath on both sides. It connects manali and leh. The world’s longest highway tunnel is above 10,000 feet & it has been completed in 10 years. It was inaugrated by former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.