DRDO successfully flight-tests Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet technology
⇒ Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) successfully flight-tested Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) booster at the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Odisha on April 08, 2022.
- The SFDR-based propulsion enables the missile to intercept aerial threats at very long range at supersonic speeds.
The SFDR has been developed by Defence Research and Development Laboratory, Hyderabad in collaboration with other DRDO laboratories such as Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad and High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, Pune.
Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System (EPRS) and Pinaka Area Denial Munition (ADM) rocket systems
⇒ Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System (EPRS) and Pinaka Area Denial Munition (ADM) rocket systems have been successfully flight-tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army in April 2022 at Pokhran Firing Ranges.
- A total of 24 EPRS rockets were fired for different ranges.
With these trails, the initial phase of technology absorption of EPRS by the industry has successfully been completed and the industry partners are ready for user trials/series production of the rocket system.
The Pinaka rocket system has been developed by Armament Research and Development Establishment, Pune supported by High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, another Pune-based laboratory of DRDO.
- The EPRS is the upgraded version of Pinaka variant which has been in service with the Indian Army for the last decade. The system has been upgraded with advanced technologies enhancing the range to meet the emerging requirements.
- After establishing the performance efficacy of the enhanced range version of Pinaka, the technology was transferred to the industries viz Munitions India Limited (MIL) and Economic Explosives Limited Nagpur.
- Rockets manufactured by MIL under Transfer of Technology from DRDO were flight tested during this campaign.
MOU Signed Between UIDAI and ISRO
⇒ A Memorandum of Understanding has been signed between the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, New Delhi and National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), ISRO, Hyderabad, for technical collaboration on 08 April 2022.
- NRSC will be developing Bhuvan-Aadhar portal providing information and locations of the aadhaar centres across India.
- The portal also provides a facility to search the relevant Aadhaar centres by location based on residents requirements.
- NRSC will also provides web-based portal to collect and store data pertaining to existing and new enrolment centres to improve citizen centric services by carrying out regular statutory inspections.
- Bhuvan will facilitate complete geographic information storage, retrieval, analysis and reporting for Aadhaar centres, with a high-resolution backdrop of natural color satellite images.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority established under the provisions of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (“Aadhaar Act 2016”) on 12 July 2016.
- Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has been established by the Government of India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
The 2022 GRAMMYs Awards
⇒ The 2022 GRAMMYs Awards show, officially known as the 64th Annual Grammy Awards was held on April 3, 2022 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
» Indian-American singer Falguni Shah, also known as Falu, won the Best Children’s Music Album award for ‘A Colorful World’.
Read More About 64th Annual Grammy Awards
Inter Services Kabaddi Championship
⇒ Inter Services Kabaddi Championship was held at Base Repair Depot, Palam from 04 April to 07 April, 2022 under the aegis of Services and Air Force Sports Control Board.
» A total of four teams comprising 68 players from all three services i.e. two from Army and one each from Navy and Air Force participated in the event.
Final match was played on 07 April 2022 between Air Force and Army Red.
- Army Red emerged as the winner of the tournament with Air Force who stood runner up.
World Autism Awareness Day 2022
⇒ World Autism Awareness Day is observed every year on 02nd April.
The UN’s theme for the World Autism Awareness Day, 2022 was- ‘Inclusive Quality Education for All’.
- The resolution (A/RES/62/139) was enacted in council on November 1, 2007, and accepted on December 18, 2007.
- World Autism Awareness Day was announced by the United Nations General Assembly in 2008. The first World Autism Awareness Day was observed in the year 2008 on April 2.
- World Autism Awareness Day is one of only seven official health-specific UN Days.
The UN had declared World Autism Awareness Day to highlight the need to help improve the quality of life of those with autism. Autism is a lifelong neurological condition that manifests during early childhood.