Future Tech 2021
⇒ Shri Rajeev Chandrasekhar, Minister of State in the Ministry of Electronics & IT, Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, virtually attended the inaugural session of the International Conference and Exhibition on Digital technologies – “Future Tech 2021”.
- The event was organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) from 19 October to 27 October, 2021.
The event was revolved on 5 theme pillars:
The event focused on the theme “Driving technologies for building the future, we all can trust”.
» The International conference comprised of interaction amongst entrepreneurs, industry leaders and Government officials and provided a platform for discussion on application of digital technologies.
Infosys Foundation Vishram Sadan
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the Infosys Foundation Vishram Sadan at the National Cancer Institute in the Jhajjar campus of AIIMS New Delhi on 21 October 2021.
The 806 bedded Vishram Sadan has been constructed by Infosys Foundation, as a part of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Vishram Sadan has been constructed to provide air-conditioned accommodation facilities to the accompanying attendants of the Cancer Patients who often have to stay in Hospitals for longer duration.
It has been constructed by the Foundation at a cost of about Rs 93 crore.
Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021
⇒ The Central Government has notified the Indian Telegraph Right of Way (Amendment) Rules, 2021 on 21st October 2021.
- It incorporates the provisions related to nominal one-time compensation and uniform procedure for establishment of Overground Telegraph Line in the Indian Telegraph Right of Way Rules, 2016.
- The amount of one-time compensation for establishment of overground telegraph line will be maximum one thousand rupees per kilometre.
- Documentation for RoW application for overground telegraph line has been made simple.
- There will be no fee other than Administrative fee and Restoration charges for establishing, maintaining, working, repairing, transferring or shifting the underground and over ground telegraph infrastructure.
- These amendments will ease Right of Way related permission procedures for establishment and augmentation of Digital Communications Infrastructure across the country.
ABHYAS - the High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT)
⇒ ABHYAS – the High-speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) was successfully flight-tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from the Integrated Test Range (ITR), Chandipur off the coast of Bay of Bengal in Odisha.
Designed & developed by:
ABHYAS is designed & developed by DRDO’s Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), Bengaluru.
- The vehicle can be used as an aerial target for evaluation of various missile systems.
- The air vehicle is launched using twin under-slung boosters which provide the initial acceleration to the vehicle.
- It is powered by a gas turbine engine to sustain a long endurance flight at subsonic speed.
- The target aircraft is equipped with MEMS based Inertial Navigation System (INS) for navigation along with the Flight Control Computer (FCC) for guidance and control.
- The vehicle is programmed for fully autonomous flight.
- The check-out of air vehicle is done using laptop-based Ground Control Station (GCS).
7th Meeting of BRICS Communications Ministers
⇒ India as the current BRICS Chair convened the 7th Meeting of BRICS Communications Ministers on 22nd October 2021.
Minister of State for Communications of the Republic of India, Shri Devusinh Chauhan, chaired the 7th meeting of BRICS Communications Ministers on 22 October 2021.
» The Ministers discussed the need to work together to develop multi-pronged approaches and reference models for affordable access to communications services and digital technologies for benefitting people, thereby achieving Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
» Ministers adopted the Terms of References of Digital BRICS Task Force and supported the advancement in work of the BRICS Partnership on New Industrial Revolution (PartNIR) across several Working Groups meeting in 2021.
» Ministers also appreciated the discussion on the “360-degree approach on New Industrial Revolution” in a seminar during Working Group on ICTs Cooperation.
» Ministers also recognized the need of BRICS members to work together for a comprehensive understanding of the New Industrial Revolution, its advantages & disadvantages, and its impacts on the industrial workers, job market among others.
» Ministers adopted the proposal to host the Digital BRICS Forum annually to facilitate sharing of information and knowledge, practices, initiatives, etc. on agreed cooperation areas.
Meeting between the Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, GoI and Foreign Secretary of United Kingdom
⇒ Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman held a meeting with Rt Hon Mary Ms Elizabeth Truss, Foreign Secretary of United Kingdom on 22 October 2021.
- The meeting covered the economic reforms ushered in by India as well as the key economic measures underway in the United Kingdom.
- Investments in green energy, infrastructure, National Monetization Pipeline, FinTech and IFSCA were identified as key areas of collaboration between the two countries.