President confers Kirti Chakra, Shaurya Chakra, PVSM & AVSM
⇒ President Shri Ram Nath Kovind, who is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, conferred one Kirti Chakra (Posthumous) and 14 Shaurya Chakras, including eight posthumous, to the personnel of the Armed Forces, Central Armed Police Forces and State/UT Police. The President also conferred 13 Param Vishisht Seva Medals and 29 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals for distinguished service of exceptional order.
- The Gallantry awards were given to the personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty.
Defence Investiture Ceremony (Phase-2) was held at Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi on May 31, 2022.
View list of awardees: Official Link
Conclave of 75 Entrepreneurs and Exhibition of 75 Indigenous Livestock Breeds
⇒ Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying inaugurated the Unnat Pashudhan Sashakt Kisan Conclave-the Conclave of 75 Entrepreneurs and Exhibition of 75 Indigenous Livestock Breeds’ in New Delhi on 01 June 2022.
- During the event, Shri Rupala launched the Training Programme for A-HELP at the Conclave.
As part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying in association with CII organized the Conclave.
- It was organized with a focus on dairy & poultry farmers, innovative entrepreneurs, startups and industry as well as a digital exhibition to showcase the best 75 indigenous breeds from bovine/caprine/avian/porcine species.
» The conference at the Conclave was focused on three technical thematic sessions namely Increasing productivity and improving animal health, Value addition and market linkages and Innovation and technology.
- The focus was on showcasing the key trends, identifying the opportunity and drawing a clear roadmap for the dairy and poultry sector with focus on enhancing farmers’ incomes.
- The sessions in the Conclave showcased some of the innovative solutions/best practices that offer the potential to transform the dairy and poultry sector and enhance farmers’ incomes. It was aimed towards creating a road map for the dairy and poultry sector.
Iconic Week Celebrations of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
⇒ Iconic Week Celebrations of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (AKAM) of Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs was held during 30 May to 05 June, 2022.
» Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HP) organized a sitting of Youth Parliament on 30th May, 2022 during the Iconic week, under the 16th National Youth Parliament Competition for Universities / Colleges.
» Central University of Haryana, Mahendragarh organized a sitting of Youth Parliament on 31st May, 2022 during the Iconic week, under the 16th National Youth Parliament Competition for Universities / Colleges.
Day for Disseminaton of Democratic Values (D3):
Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs celebrated the Day for Dissemination of Democratic Values (D3) on 31 May 2022.
Implementation of National eVidhan Application (NeVA) in Uttar Pradesh Assembly:
In a historic event, during the iconic week celebrated by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, National eVidhan Application (NeVA) was implemented in Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly which conducted its budget session ended on 31st May 2022 using the NeVA platform.
- They also presented the Budget for the financial year 2022-23 using NeVA.
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly has become 2nd Assembly in India to adopt NeVA software to make the House paper-less and thus achieve the goal of digitisation of State Legislature.
NTPC releases Biodiversity Policy
⇒ NTPC Ltd, India’s largest integrated energy producer has issued renewed Biodiversity Policy 2022 to establish a comprehensive vision and guiding principle for conservation, restoration, and enhancement of biodiversity.
- This Biodiversity Policy is an integral part of NTPC’s Environmental Policy.
- Its objectives are aligned with environmental and sustainability policies.
- Moreover, the policy is also designed to support all the professionals of the NTPC Group to help them contribute toward the achievement of the targets set in this field.
- The policy also aims to adopt systematic consideration of local threats to biodiversity beyond the company’s business activities.
- NTPC was the first PSU to issue Biodiversity Policy in 2018. In the same year, NTPC became a member of the India Business & Biodiversity Initiative (IBBI).
- NTPC is also collaborating with local communities, organizations, regulatory agencies and research institutes of national/international repute in the field of biodiversity.
- In a major initiative undertaken by NTPC, it has signed a five-year agreement with Andhra Pradesh Forest Department for conservation of Olive Ridley Turtles in the coastline of Andhra Pradesh. With the Financial Contribution of Rs.4.6 Crores and increased participation of community, the number of hatchings released in sea water as increased about 2.25 times since intervention by NTPC.
World Summit of Information Society (WSIS) 2022
⇒ The World Summit of Information Society (WSIS) 2022 was organized by International Telecommunications Unions (ITU) at its headquarter in Geneva, Switzerland from 30th May to 3rd June, 2022.
The World Summit on the Information Society Forum 2022 represented the world’s largest annual gathering of the ICT for development community. The Forum provided structured opportunities to network, learn and participate in multi-stakeholder discussions and consultations on WSIS implementation.
WSIS is co-organized by International Telecommunications Union, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, United Nations Development Programme and United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, in close collaboration with all WSIS Action Line co-/facilitators and other UN organizations.
WSIS Forum 2022 was started from 15th March. The final week was physically held in Geneva from 30 May to 3 June, under the theme of ICTs for Well-Being, Inclusion and Resilience: WSIS Cooperation for Accelerating Progress on the SDGs.
Minister of State for Communications, Shri Devusinh Chauhan, led the Indian Delegation to participate in WSIS 2022.
- Shri Devusinh Chauhan attended the opening ceremony of World Summit of Information Society (WSIS) 2022.
- During the 4-day event, India showcased its telecom prowess during multilateral and bilateral engagements.
- Shri Devusinh Chauhan also held bilateral meeting with Secretary General of ITU, Mr Haolin Zhou.
- On 01 June, 2022, the day 2 of WSIS 2022, Shri Devusinh Chauhan, Minister of State for Communications, participated in Ministerial Round Table Meeting on ICT for Well-Being, Inclusion and Resilience: WSIS Cooperation for Accelerating Progress on the SDGs.
- India is contesting, for re-election, to the ITU Council, for the term 2023-2026.
» India has been a member of ITU, since 1869 and has been continuously participating, actively in the works, and activities of the Union.
⇒ Telangana Day or Telangana Formation Day is celebrated every year on 2nd June.
The Ministry of Culture organised Telangana Formation Day celebrations at Dr Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi. This event marked the first time that the Government of India is celebrating ‘Telangana Day’ or ‘Telangana Formation Day’ to ensure that it is commemorated in a befitting manner.
- The Telangana was officially formed on 2nd June 2014 as 29th state of India.
- The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 bifurcated Andhra Pradesh into two separate states, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.