National Technology Awards 2020:
- Total twelve companies have been selected for the prestigious National Technology Awards 2020 for successful commercialization of innovative indigenous technologies. They have been selected under three categories –indigenous technologies, MSME, and startups.
The awards were given by the Technology Development Board (TDB), a statutory body of Government of India functioning under Department of Science of Technology for the year 2019-20.
National Awards for the year 2019-20 under following three categories are as follows:
Category 1: National Award for successful commercialization of indigenous technology
Two companies have been selected for this award:
- M/s L&T Special Steels and Heavy Forgings Private Limited, Surat
- M/s Vinati Organics Limited., Mumbai
Category 2: National Award for MSMES
Four companies have been selected for this award:
- M/s AKS Information Technology Services Private Limited, Noida
- M/s SVP Laser Technologies Private Limited, Chennai
- M/s Kan Biosys Private Limited, Pune
- M/s AlgalR NutraPharms Private Limited, Thanjavur
Category 3: National Award for technology Start-ups
Six start-ups have been selected for this awards:
- M/s RAR Engineering Private Limited, Delhi
- M/s Fibroheal Wound care Private Limited, Bangalore
- M/s Althion Tech Innovations Private Limited., Hyderabad
- M/s KBCols Sciences Private Limited, Pune
- M/s Shira MedTech Private Limited, Ahmedabad
- M/s Newndra Innovations Private Limited, Jaipur
Appointment of FOC-in-C of the Western Naval Command:
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar, PVSM, AVSM, VSM took over as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C) of the Western Naval Command on 28 February 2021 at Mumbai.
Appointment of Command of the Eastern Fleet:
- Rear Admiral Tarun Sobti, VSM took over the Command of the Eastern Fleet, the Sword Arm of the Eastern Naval Command, from Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan, AVSM, NM on 23 February 2021.
'Agriculture Acts 2020' Book:
- Dravidar Kazhagam president K Veeramani on 20 February 2021 released a book Agriculture Acts 2020 in Chennai, which is written by Justice A. K. Rajan, former judge of the Madras High Court.
The book is about the three Central farm laws, which is passed last year.
- BJP leader Nand Kumar Singh Chauhan passed away on 02 March 2021 at Delhi’s Medanta Hospital. He was MP from Madhya Pradesh’s Khandwa constituency.