2021 edition of the FICCI-EY report on the Indian Media and Entertainment
- The 2021 edition of the FICCI-EY report on the Indian media and entertainment (M&E) sector was released in March 2021.
The report showcased the present and future growth scenario of every segment of media and entertainment such as TV, Radio, Print, Digital, etc.
Key Points of the Report:
- The Indian Media and Entertainment sector is expected to grow by 25% and is expected to reach INR 1.73 trillion (US$23.7 billion).
- In 2023:
- With its current trajectory, the Media and Entertainment sector in India is expected to reach INR 2.23 trillion (US $30.6 billion) by 2023 at a CAGR of 17%.
- In 2020:
- The Indian Media and Entertainment sector has degrown by 24% to INR 1.38 trillion (US$19 billion).
According to the EY FICCI Media Entertainment Report 2021, DD Free Dish has continued its strong growth trajectory and its base have crossed an estimated 40 million subscribers.
7th annual summit of NATHEALTH
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed the 7th annual summit of NATHEALTH’ on 26 March 2021, via video conferencing. The summit was focused on ‘Indian Health system expansion in post-COVID era’.
While addressing the summit the Union Minister said Health has been marked as one of the six pillars to propel growth in Budget 2021-22. A holistic approach towards health and wellbeing has been adopted with an enormous financial allocation of Rs 2,23,846 crore in 2021-22.
The Union Minister also underlined the importance of strengthening the role of the private sector in India’s health system. He said, “If India is to achieve the highest standards of the healthcare system worldwide, this cannot happen without the support of the private sector.
The ultimate goal of providing ‘Health for All’ cannot be achieved without the active participation of the public as well as the private sector. The provision of health care facilities can be made more extensive with the active participation of the private sector.
7th edition of 'India Economic Conclave'
- The 7th edition of ‘India Economic Conclave’ was organized in New Delhi from 25 March to 26 March, 2021 by The Times Network.
Focus & Theme:
The Times Network India Economic Conclave 2021 was focused on India’s potential, to supersede the world economic order in this decisive decade.
This year’s India Economic Conclave was on the theme of ‘India’s Decade: Reform, Perform, Transform’.
The Economic Times's Virtual Summit, 'RESHAPE TOMORROW'
- Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan addressed the RESHAPE TOMORROW SUMMIT organised by The Economic Times on 26 March 2021.
Organiser & Participants:
The Summit was held virtually from 25 March to 26 March, 2021. It was organised by ETCIO.com & IBM.
In the summit young, dynamic and super-successful young CEOs and C-suite leaders came together for a brainstorming on the future of business.
Sixth Edition of 'Exercise Desert Flag'
- The sixth edition of the Exercise Desert Flag was conducted from 04 March to 27 March, 2021 at Air Force Base Al Dhafra, UAE.
Exercise Desert Flag is an annual multi-lateral large Force Employment Exercise hosted by UAE.
IAF participated in the Exercise Desert Flag –VI for the first time. Apart from India six countries UAE, USA, France, Saudi Arabia, and Bahrain were participated in Exercise Desert Flag. Jordan, Greece, Qatar, Egypt and South Korea participated as observer forces.
The objectives for the exercise were to expose coalition participating forces to large force employment, sharpen tactical capabilities, and enhance interoperability along with fostering closer relations between the participating forces.
Secretary General of Amnesty International
- French leading international human rights expert, Agnes Callamard has been appointed as the Secretary General of Amnesty International. The International Human Rights Group announced, Callamard’s term as Secretary-General would be four years, which began on 29 March 2021.
About Amnesty International:
Amnesty International is a non-governmental organization focused on human rights. Its headquarters is in London, United Kingdom.
Thisara Perera Became first Sri Lankan to hit Six Sixes in an over
- The Allrounder Cricket Player, Thisara Perera became the first Sri Lankan to hit six sixes in an over in any form of professional cricket, on 28 March 2021.
Thisara Perera is the second cricketer, after West Indies T20I captain Kieron Pollard, to achieve this feat in 2021.
Overall, Thisara Perera is the ninth player to achieve the feat in professional cricket after Garfield Sobers, Ravi Shastri, Herschelle Gibbs, Yuvraj Singh, Ross Whiteley, Hazratullah Zazai, Leo Carter and Kieron Pollard.
Former World and Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra launched Mobile Application
- Former World and Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra has launched the “one-tap solution for healthier life”, a physiotherapy mobile application (ABTP – Physiotherapy @ Home).