Union Minister of State Ashwini Choubey adopted a Tiger
⇒ Union Minister of State for Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Ashwini Kumar Choubey, inspected the Bengal Safari North Bengal Wild Animals Park, Siliguri on 22 June 2022.
» During the inspection of Bengal Safari, the Union Minister adopted a tiger for 1 year under Adoption Program. The Union Minister named the one-year-old tiger as ‘Agniveer’.
- Union Minister of State Shri Choubey also became aware of the maintenance of animals during the inspection of Bengal Safari.
- Under the adoption program, 70 people have adopted animals here.
- To motivate people to adopt more animals, Union Minister of State Ashwini Choubey adopted Tiger. He paid 2 lakhs for the maintenance of the adopted tiger through online.
Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile successfully flight-tested
⇒ Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) was successfully flight-tested by Defence Research & Development Organisation and the Indian Navy from an Indian Naval Ship at Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha on June 24, 2022.
- The VL-SRSAM, a ship borne weapon system, is meant for neutralising various aerial threats at close ranges including sea-skimming targets.
- The launch of the system was conducted against a high-speed aerial target mimicking aircraft, which was successfully engaged.
- The flight path of the vehicle along with health parameters were monitored using a number of tracking instruments deployed by ITR, Chandipur.
Launch of NIRYAT Portal
⇒ The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry – ‘Vanijya Bhawan’ and launched the NIRYAT portal in Delhi on 23 June 2022.
» The building has been completed in less than the budgeted cost of 226 crore. It will serve as an integrated and modern office complex that will be used by the two Departments under the Ministry i.e. Department of Commerce and Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
» A new portal – NIRYAT (National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade) is developed as a one stop platform for stakeholders to get all necessary information related to India’s foreign trade.
- The Prime Minister said that NIRYAT – National Import-Export for Yearly Analysis of Trade portal will help in breaking silos by providing real time data to all stakeholders.
- From this portal, important information related to more than 30 commodity groups exported to more than 200 countries of the world will be available.
- In the coming time, information related to district-wise exports will also be available on this. This will also strengthen the efforts to develop the districts as important centers of exports.
IAF Capstone Seminar for the first Warfare & Aerospace Strategy Program
⇒ The Indian Air Force conducted the Capstone Seminar for the first Warfare & Aerospace Strategy Program (WASP) at Air Force Auditorium, New Delhi on 24 June 2022. The Capstone Seminar marked the culmination of the first Warfare & Aerospace Strategy Program (WASP).
- The seminar was conducted under the aegis of College of Air Warfare and Centre for Air Power Studies.
Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari, Chief of the Air Staff, delivered the keynote address on the occasion which was attended by senior officers from all three services, air power scholars, academia from principal think tanks and premier colleges of the country.
This Capstone Seminar aims to showcase the learning objectives of WASP and help the IAF leadership to validate the desired outcomes from the program.
» The participants presented papers on contemporary topics concerning application of air power in recent conflicts and the changing doctrinal precepts that establish the dominant role of air power in national security.
The WASP was conceptualised by the IAF with the purpose of creating a pool of mid-career air power practitioners with strategic acumen and a deep understanding of warfare history and theory.
- It aims to enhance the doctrinal vision of the participants and cultivate their aptitude for effective arguments on strategy.
- The course was organized at CAW which is IAF’s premier institute for Air Power Studies.
2022 Global Media Awards
⇒ The International News Media Association (INMA) on 09 June 2022 announced 60 first-place recipients in its 2022 Global Media Awards competition, with The Miami Herald’s “House of Cards” taking the coveted global “Best in Show.”
The 2022 Global Media Awards competition garnered 854 entries from 252 news media brands in 46 countries. Participants included newspaper media, magazine media, digital media, television media, and radio media.
During a ceremony, 60 winners were unveiled across 20 categories aimed at surfacing innovation and best practices in news brands, optimising the use of media platforms, subscriptions, advertising, data and insights, product, and newsroom.
» The Hindu Group has won first place at the INMA Global Awards 2022 in the Best Multi-Channel Client Advertising Campaign category.
- The award was for ‘Bring Back Milk Bikis Classic,’ an integrated marketing campaign crafted by The Hindu Group for the FMCG company Britannia.
» Unacademy’s ‘Let’s Crack CSE’ in association with The Hindu also got an honourable mention under the Best Idea to Grow Advertising Sales category.
- The International News Media Association (INMA) is the world’s leading provider of global best practices for news media companies looking to grow revenue, audience, and brand amid profound market change.
- INMA’s competition evaluates news media companies across three segments: national brands, regional brands, and media groups.