Indigenous Solar cook top “Surya Nutan”
⇒ IndianOil and Ministry of Petroleum & Natural gas have developed an indigenous Solar cook top “Surya Nutan”.
Surya Nutan was demonstrated on 22 June at the residence of Union Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Housing & Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Puri.
It is developed in pursuance to the challenge and inspiration given by Hon’ble Prime Minister in his address to the officials of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas on 25th September 2017 to develop a viable solar solution to power our kitchens.
Salient Features of Surya Nutan:
- Surya Nutan is a Stationary, rechargeable, and always kitchen-connected indoor solar cooking.
- This is a patented product designed and developed by IndianOil R&D Centre, Faridabad.
- It offers online cooking mode while charging through the Sun which maximizes the system efficiency and ensures high utilization of energy from Sun.
- It works on a Hybrid Mode (i.e. can work on both solar & auxiliary energy source simultaneously) which makes the Surya Nutan a reliable cooking solution for all weather conditions.
- Insulation design of Surya Nutan minimizes radiative and conductive heat losses.
- Surya Nutan can be used in all weather and seasons including when the Sun is not available for long durations or for continuous days, such as monsoons and extreme winters.
- All the safety aspects required in any indoor appliances are inbuilt in Surya Nutan. Surya Nutan is a low maintenance system and the product has a long life.
- Surya Nutan is a modular system and can be designed in different sizes as per the requirement.
“Snail of Sahyadri” recorded for the first time from Maharashtra’s northern Western Ghats
⇒ A new species of land snail recorded from India has a touch of the tiger. The “snail of Sahyadri” recorded for the first time from Maharashtra’s northern Western Ghats is carnivorous.
Apart from being a carnivore, the new ‘snail of Sahyadri’ wears the name of one of India’s top big cat conservationists. Perrottetia rajeshgopali, the newest chronicled member of the global snail family, is named after one of the country’s top tiger conservationists — Rajesh Gopal, currently the secretary-general of the Global Tiger Forum.
- It is the first species of the genus Perrottetia to be described from India in 117 years.
- Perrottetia rajeshgopali was recorded during the rainy season from July 2015 to August 2020, in a relatively unexplored area of the northern Western Ghats running through the Kolhapur district.
- The new snail is a hermaphrodite, and its genital anatomy is characterised by the presence of hooks in the penis and their absence in the vagina and the atrium. Carnivorous land snails are known to have such hooks.
- The carnivorous diet of Perrottetia rajeshgopali – it wears a white, glossy and translucent shell and its body is pale yellow with brownish spots and reticulated skin – was observed when it fed on a Eurychlamys platyclamys, a smaller snail.
» The Western Ghats has a phylogenetically diverse land snail fauna, much of which is endemic to the region. About 277 species and 29 varieties belonging to 64 genera and 23 families are reported, 72% of which are endemic.
Part-time non-official directors on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India
⇒ The Central Government has nominated Anand Gopal Mahindra, Venu Srinivasan, Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel and Dr Ravindra H. Dholakia as part-time non-official directors on the Central Board of Reserve Bank of India.
- The appointment is for a period of four years with effect from 14 June 2022 or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
- Anand Gopal Mahindra is the chairman of Mahindra group. Venu Srinivasan is the chairman emeritus of TVS Motor Company. Pankaj Ramanbhai Patel is the chairman of Zydus Lifescience. Ravindra Dholakia is IIM Ahmedabad’s ex-faculty.
- The 10 non-official directors of the Governing body of the RBI is appointed by the Government from time to time. The official full-time directors of the RBI governing board consist of the Governor and four deputy governors.
Bilateral Tactical Leadership Programme in Egypt
⇒ Indian Air Force participated in Bilateral Tactical Leadership Programme at Egyptian Air Force Weapon School from 24 June to 24 July 2022 in Egypt (Cairo west Airbase).
- In which IAF participated with three Su-30MKI aircraft, two C-17 aircraft and 57 IAF personnel (including C-17 contingent).
- In Tactical Leadership Program, the IAF participated with its aircrew as instructors.
- During the first two weeks of the exercise IAF aircraft participated in missions by day and night, involved air to ground & air to air combat scenarios and Combat Search And Rescue (CSAR) activity alongside Egyptian F-16, Rafale and Mig 29 aircraft.
- Tactical Leadership Programme is a unique exercise with Air assets in a Large Force Engagement environment, simulating various conflict scenarios. The exercise is aimed at enhancing defence cooperation between the two countries and exchange of best practices.
- This exercise provided a good opportunity to showcase the reach and capability of the IAF.
PFA Awards 2022
⇒ Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) announced the PFA Awards 2022 on 09 June 2022. This was the 49th Annual PFA Awards.
The award has been presented since the 1973–74 season. The PFA Awards recognizes the outstanding performers from every division and is voted for by the players.
PFA Awards 2022 Winners:
- Men’s PFA Players’ Player of the Year: Mohamed Salah – Liverpool (Second time)
- Women’s PFA Players’ Player of the Year: Sam Kerr – Chelsea
- Men’s PFA Young Player of the Year: Phil Foden – Manchester City
- Women’s PFA Young Player of the Year: Lauren Hemp – Manchester City
- PFA Merit Award Winner: Hope Powell – Brighton and Hove Albion Women
- PFA Merit Award: Roy Hodgson – Watford
- PFA Fans’ Player of the Year: Mohamed Salah – Liverpool