Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2020
⇒ The President of India, Smt Droupadi Murmu conferred the National Film Awards for the year 2020 under various categories at 68th edition of the ceremony in New Delhi on 30 September 2022.
Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2020:
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting announced the Dadasaheb Phalke Award for the year 2020. The prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award 2020 was presented to veteran actress Ms. Asha Parekh on the occasion.
The jury for the selection of 52nd Dadasaheb Phalke award consisted of five members from the film industry:
Ms Asha Bhosle, Ms Hema Malini, Ms Poonam Dhillon, Shri T. S. Nagabharana, Shri Udit Narayan
About Asha Parekh:
- Ms Asha Parekh is a renowned film actress, director and producer and an accomplished Indian classical dancer.
- Starting her career as a child actor she made her debut as lead heroine in Dil Deke Dekho and has gone on to act in over 95 movies.
- She has acted in celebrated films like Kati Patang, Teesri Manzil, Love in Tokyo, Aya Saawan Jhoom Ke, Aan Milo Sajna, Mera Gaon Mera Desh.
- Ms Asha Parekh was conferred the Padma Shri in 1992. She has also served as the head of Central Board for Film Certification from 1998-2001.
National Tourism Award 2018-19
⇒ India Expo Centre & Mart received the prestigious National Tourism Award 2018-19 for best standalone convention centre’ during ‘National Tourism Awards’ 2022 ceremony held at Vigyan Bhawan on September 27, 2022.
About India Expo Centre & Mart:
- India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida is one of the largest integrated venue providers in India.
- It offers technology driven, world- class facilities and safety standards suitable for hosting international business-to- business exhibitions, conferences, congresses, product launches, and promotional events, amongst others.
- The Venue is strategically located in Greater Noida which is a prominent MICE destination in India.
- It is a world-class venue with facilities for all kinds of business events in a covered area of 2,35,000 square meters.
- India Expo Centre & Mart houses around 800 permanent showrooms of Indian exporters and has 14 multi-purpose halls (73,308 sqm) 29 meeting rooms (25,000 seating capacity for conferences and 2 lakh footfall per day for exhibitions), 4 open areas and 4 speciality restaurants.
- It also has a buyers’ lounge, foreign exchange outlet, and logistic support, extensive parking for 2000 cars and completely Wi-Fi with modern security & safety features.
- The venue will soon have an in-house 134-bedded hotel inside the premises, an uninterrupted power supply of 34 MW.
- Energy saving has been a priority at the venue and its 3MW Solar Power Generation plant, installed on rooftops of halls proves this endeavour.
Chief of Defence Staff (CDS)
⇒ The Government of India has appointed Lt General Anil Chauhan (Retired) PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, SM, VSM as the next Chief of Defence Staff (CDS). General Anil Chauhan assumed office as the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) on September 30, 2022.
General Chauhan will also be the Principal Military Advisor to the Raksha Mantri on all Tri-Service matters as well as head Department of Military Affairs as Secretary. He will also be Permanent Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee (COSC).
About Lt General Anil Chauhan:
- Born on 18th May 1961, Lt Gen Anil Chauhan was commissioned into the 11 Gorkha Rifles of the Indian Army in 1981. He is an alumnus of the National Defence Academy, Khadakwasla and Indian Military Academy, Dehradun.
- In a career spanning over nearly 40 years, Lt Gen Anil Chauhan had held several command, staff and instrumental appointments and had extensive experience in counter-insurgency operations in Jammu & Kashmir and North-East India.
Ministerial Roundtable for Green Economy at the World Green Economy Summit
⇒ Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Shri Bhupender Yadav attended the Ministerial Roundtable for Green Economy at the World Green Economy Summit at the World Trade Center in Dubai, UAE on 28 September 2022.
While speaking at the Roundtable:
» Union Minister stressed the importance of addressing environmental and climate objectives alongside economic development and further stated that accelerating low carbon transition across different economic sectors is the need of the hour.
» The Union Environment Minister stated that India is the first country with a cooling action plan based on energy efficiency and thermal comfort, and has launched important initiatives including UJALA Yojana and schemes for industrial energy efficiency. India’s ambitious renewable energy progress was also mentioned.
» On climate finance, Shri Yadav stated that Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero estimates a requirement of USD 100 trillion of finance for global net zero by 2050. But, Developed countries have failed even in mobilizing the amount of USD 100 billion per annum by 2020, and India’s NDCs are thus largely financed by domestic investment.
» After the Roundtable, The Union Minister also had a bilateral meeting with Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, UAE Minister of State for Foreign Trade.
- In the meeting, they discussed issues relating to COP 27, COP 28, MoU on Climate Actions between India and UAE, and global initiatives spearheaded by UAE and India for combating climate change.
About World Green Economy Summit 2022:
The World Green Economy Summit, aims to propel action to deliver a sustainable future.
» The 8th WGES focused on developing investment partnerships in green projects and financing.
The World Green Economy Summit 2022 was based on the theme of Climate action leadership through collaboration: the roadmap to net-zero.
- Energy: Decarbonising Energy Systems
- Finance: Mobilising Investment for Green Growth
- Food Security: Building Resilience & Sustainability into Value Chains
- Youth: Empowering the Next Generation to Drive Positive Change
18th Formation Day of NDMA
⇒ National Disaster Management Authority celebrated its 18th Formation Day on 28 September 2022 in New Delhi.
The theme for this year’s Foundation Day was “Volunteerism in Disaster Management”.
» The vision of NDMA is “To build a safe and disaster resilient India by developing a holistic, proactive, multi-disaster oriented and technology - driven strategy through a culture of prevention, mitigation, preparedness and response”.