LINAC- NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC)
⇒ Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala inaugurated the country’s first-of-its kind, dedicated business incubator to be known as LINAC- NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC) in Gurugram, Haryana.
- LINAC- NCDC Fisheries Business Incubation Centre (LlFlC) costing Rs 3.23 crore to nurture fisheries start-ups under real market-led conditions.
- National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) is an implementing agency for the LIFIC.
- LIFIC is started by the National Cooperative Development Corporation, which is the End Implementation Agency for Cooperatives under the flagship scheme Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) of the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India.
» To begin with, the National Cooperative Development Corporation has identified the first batch of ten incubatees from four states—Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
» Out of them, 6 are from newly-created Fish Farmers Producer Organizations with the support of the financial grant under the PMMSY.
» Services of the Centre will help augment the development of the fisheries business in India.
Health Pavilion at IITF 2021
⇒ In the first ever cycle rally organised at the India International Trade Fair, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare cycled to inaugurate the Health Pavilion on 16 November 2021.
The purpose of the Health Pavilion was to create Awareness regarding Non-Communicable Diseases and importance of Preventive health.
Health Pavilion was to generate awareness and promote a healthy active lifestyle in view of the rising burden of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in the country.
The theme of this year’s Health Pavilionat the 40th IITF at Pragati Maidan was to create awareness about Non-Communicable Diseases, also called lifestyle diseases, and project importance of total health.
40th India International Trade Fair (IITF 2021)
The 40th India International Trade Fair (IITF – 2021) was organized at Pragati Maidan from November 14 to 27, 2021.
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles, Shri Piyush Goyal inaugurated the 40th India International Trade Fair (IITF) on November 14, 2021 at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
Joint airlift exercise, ‘Op Hercules’
⇒ A joint airlift exercise, ‘Op Hercules’ was undertaken by the Indian Air Force and Indian Army on 15 November 2021.
The aim of this high intensity airlift was to strengthen the logistics supply in the Northern sector and to augment winter stocking in the operational areas.
The platforms utilised for the airlift were C-17, IL-76 and An-32 aircraft, which took off from one of the forward bases of Western Air Command.
SITMEX – 21
⇒ Indian Naval Ship (INS) Karmuk, an indigenously built Missile Corvette participated in the 3rd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX – 21, from 15 to 16 November 2021 in Andaman Sea.
Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) was represented by RSS Tenacious,a Formidable Class Frigate and Royal Thai Navy (RTN) by His Majesty’s Thailand Ship (HTMS) Thayanchon, a Khamrosin Class Anti-submarine Patrol Craft.
The 2021 edition of the exercise was hosted by Royal Thai Navy (RTN) in Andaman Sea.
- SITMEX is being conducted annually since 2019 with an aim to enhance mutual inter-operability and imbibing best practices between Indian Navy (IN), RSN and RTN.
- The maiden edition of SITMEX was hosted by Indian Navy off Port Blair in September 2019.
- Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) hosted the second edition of the exercise in November 2020.
National Press Day
⇒ National Press Day is observed every year on 16 November. The Day is symbolic of a free and responsible press in India.
- This was the day on which the Press Council of India started functioning as a moral watchdog to ensure that the press maintains high standards and is not fettered by any influence or threats.
- The First Press Commission 1956 envisioned a committee to protect the ethics of journalism and freedom of the press in India.
- The Press Council of India was instituted on November 16, 1966, to monitor the quality of reportage provided by the Indian press.