Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship and Sangeet Natak Awards 2018, and Fellowships and National Awards of Lalit Kala Akademi 2021
⇒ The Vice-President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship and Sangeet Natak Awards for the year 2018, and Fellowships and National Awards of Lalit Kala Akademi for the year 2021.
- The awards were presented in the joint ceremony held on 09 April 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
» Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship and Sangeet Natak Awards for the year 2018 have been presented to 44 eminent artists includes 4 Fellows and 40 awardees.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi has elected four Fellows in the year 2018 for their eminent contribution in the field of the Performing Arts, namely Shri Zakir Hussain, Shri Jatin Goswami, Dr. Sonal Mansingh and Shri Thiruvidaimarudur Kuppiah Kalyanasundaram.
» 3 Fellows and 20 National Awards of Lalit Kala Akademi for the year 2021 have been presented.
- The Lalit Kala Akademi has awarded the prestigious Fellowship to three outstanding artists with an expansive oeuvre namely Shri Himmat Shah, Shri Jyoti Bhatt and Shri Shyam Sharma.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards (Akademi Puraskar) are national honours bestowed by the Republic of India on performing artists as well as teachers and scholars in the field of performing arts.
- The recipients are selected by the Akademi’s General Council, consisting of distinguished musicians, dancers, theatre artists and scholars in these disciplines and nominees of the Government of India, State Governments and Union Territories of the Indian Union.
62nd National Exhibition of Arts:
The Union Minister for Culture, Shri G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated the 62nd National Exhibition of Arts at Lalit Kala Akademi Gallery and SNA Awardee Performance Festival at Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi on 09 April 2022.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi presented the Festival of Performing Arts featuring the recipients of the Sangeet Natak Akademi Fellowship & Awards from 9-19 April 2022.
» The National Exhibition of Art is organized annually by the Lalit Kala Akademi as it’s the most prestigious event, showcasing the brilliance and capacious oeuvre of the awarded artists.
Waterways Conclave 2022- Regional Connectivity through Waterways
⇒ The Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways along with Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) organized the Waterways Conclave 2022 at Dibrugarh, Assam on April 11-12, 2022.
Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was the industry partner for the two-day conclave.
Waterways Conclave aims for speedy development of Multimodal projects in North-eastern region to energize the economic activities and augment employment generation.
Waterways Conclave 2022 was attended by various stakeholders in the waterways ecosystem such as- Policy Planners, Senior Government Officials, Domestic and International Investors, Sector Experts, Infrastructure players, Vessel Owners and Operators, Cruise Tourism industry, Cargo Passengers, Representatives of Major Ports well as the Governments of Maritime States in the country.
Hiramani Arogya Dham
⇒ The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi performed the Bhumipujan of Hiramani Arogya Dham of Jansahayak Trust on 12 April 2022.
- During the event, he also inaugurated the hostel and education complex of Shri Annapurnadham Trust at Adalaj, Gujarat.
About Hiramani Arogya Dham:
- The Jansahayak Trust will develop Hiramani Arogya Dham.
- Hiramani Arogya Dham will have the latest medical facilities including a facility for dialysis of 14 persons at a time, blood bank with 24-hour blood supply, medical store working round the clock, modern pathology laboratory and top-class equipment for health check-ups.
- It will be a Day-Care Centre with advanced facilities for Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Yoga Therapy etc.
- It will also host facilities for first aid training, technician training and doctor training.
2022 O. Henry Prize
⇒ Bengali author Amar Mitra has won the prestigious 2022 O. Henry Prize for Short Fiction.
He received the award for his short story, Gaonburo, which was translated into English (The Old Man Of Kusumpur) earlier. Originally Amar Mitra wrote this story in Bengali in 1977.
- The translated work was published in an American magazine in 2020.
- The O. Henry Award was founded in 1919. The award is conferred only to the writers whose short stories are published in Canada and America.
2022 Women's FIH Hockey Junior World Cup
⇒ The 2022 Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup was held in Potchefstroom, South Africa from 1 April to 12 April, 2022.
- This was the ninth edition of the Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup. It was organized by the International Hockey Federation.
- The FIH Hockey Women’s Junior World Cup 2021 was postponed due to COVID-19. It was rescheduled to be held in 2022.
» Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup is the biennial women’s under-21 field hockey world championship.
The final match took place on 12 April 2022 between Netherlands and Germany.
The Netherlands won the 2022 Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup title. It was the fourth title won by the Netherlands.
- England won the bronze medal after beating India 3-0 in the shoot-out.
» The 2023 Women’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup will be held in Santiago, Chile. This will be the 10th edition.