Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) scheme
- According to a Parliamentary standing committee report submitted to the Lok Sabha, Central Government plans to issue a 14-digit identification number to every plot of land in the country within a year’s time.
It is described as “the Aadhaar for land”, a number that would uniquely identify every surveyed parcel of land and prevent land fraud.
The identification will be based on the longitude and latitude coordinates of the land parcel, and is dependent on detailed surveys and geo-referenced cadastral maps.
The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) scheme has been launched in ten States during FY 2020-21, and will be rolled out across the country by 2021-22.
The plan has been laid out as part of the Digital India Land Records Modernisation Programme (DILRMP), which began in 2008.
'Ānandam: The Center for Happiness' in IIM Jammu
- Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ inaugurated “Anandam: The Center for Happiness” in IIM Jammu on 30 March 2021.
The Union Minister informed that the prime activities envisaged under the concept of ‘Anandam: The Center for Happiness’ will be divided into five broad categories, namely, Counselling, Holistic wellness, Elective courses on Happiness Development, Research and Leadership & Faculty Development.
The purpose of establishing ‘Ānandam’ at Indian Institute of Management Jammu is to bring holistic well-being.
Name & Tagline:
The Center for Happiness acquires its name ‘Anandam’ from the Indian wisdom tradition where the pure consciousness is being as “anandam”.
The tagline for “Anandam” further reinforces its ideology that it will work for the well-being of all. The tagline “Sarvabhūtahiteratāḥ” (सर्वभूतहितेरताः) stands for being always engaged for the well-being of all.
New National President of CREDAI
- Managing Director of Unimark group, Harsh Vardhan Patodia became the new national President of CREDAI for two years (2021-23) with effect from April 1, 2021.
CMD of Magarpatta Township Development, Satish Magar became the CREDAI’s new National Chairman for 2021-23.
CREDAI (Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India) is the apex body for private real estate developers in India.
Managing Director of the Arya Vaidya Pharmacy
- C Devidas Varier has been appointed as managing director of the Arya Vaidya Pharmacy (Coimbatore).
India-US Joint Exercise VAJRA PRAHAR 2021
- The 11th edition of Indo-US Joint Special Forces Exercise VAJRA PRAHAR 2021 was conducted at Special Forces Training School located at Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh in March 2021.
The joint exercise by the Special Forces of both the countries is conducted alternatively between India and the United States to share the best practices and experiences.
French Naval Ships in India
- French Naval Ships Tonnerre (Amphibious Assault Ship) and Surcouf (Frigate Class Ship) reached to Kochi port on 30 March 2021 on a two day Good Will visit. The ships were departed from Kochi port, on 01 April 2021.
World Economic Forum's Global Gender Gap Report 2021
- The World Economic Forum released the 15th edition of the Global Gender Gap Report in March 2021. This year, the Global Gender Gap index 2021 has been released for 156 countries.
In the Global Gender Gap Index 2021, India has been ranked 140th (62.5% of the gender gap closed so far) among 156 countries. India has fallen 28 places in the Global Gender Gap Report 2021.
Rajasthan State Day
- Rajasthan State celebrated its State Day on 30 March 2021.
No Smoking Day 2021
- ‘No Smoking Day’ is observed every year on the second Wednesday of March. This year, ‘No Smoking Day’ was celebrated on March 10, 2021. No Smoking Day is celebrated to encourage people to quit smoking. The first No Smoking Day was started in the United Kingdom on Ash Wednesday in 1984.
Lieutenant General WAG Pinto
- Lieutenant General WAG Pinto, Param Vishisht Seva Medal (Retd), passed away at Pune, on 25 March 2021. He was 97.
Lieutenant General WAG Pinto was popularly known for his dynamic leadership as GOC 54 Infantry Division in the Battle of Basantar, during 1971 war. He was better known as the “Victor of Basantar”.