First prize of 'Rajbhasha Shield’
⇒ Union Minister of Power and New and Renewable Energy, Shri R.K Singh conferred NHPC Limited with the first prize for the year 2020-21 and the second prize for the year 2018-19 for excellent implementation of Rajbhasha.
Shri A.K. Singh, CMD, NHPC Limited received these awards from the Union Minister of Power during the meeting of Hindi Salahkar Samiti chaired by Shri Singh on 12 May 2022.
» During the meeting, Shri R.K Singh also released the book ‘Bharatiya Sanskriti mein Prabandhan’ written by Dr. Rajbir Singh, Group General Manager (Rajbhasha), NHPC.
» NHPC has also been awarded “Rajbhasha Kirti Puraskar” nine times by the Government of India for its excellent work in the field of implementation of Rajbhasha.
Extended Range Version of BrahMos Air Launched Missile
⇒ India successfully fired the Extended Range Version of BrahMos Air Launched missile from Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft on 12 May 2022.
The launch from the aircraft was as planned and the missile achieved a direct hit on the designated target in the Bay of Bengal region.
It was the first launch of Extended Range version of BrahMos missile from Su-30MKI aircraft. With this, the IAF has achieved the capability to carry out precision strikes from Su-30MKI aircraft against a land/ sea target over very long ranges.
The dedicated and synergetic efforts of the IAF, Indian Navy, DRDO, BAPL and HAL have proven the capability of the nation to achieve this feat.
'Iconic 75 Industry Connect (‘i’ Connect)'
⇒ Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurated the ‘Iconic 75 Industry Connect (‘i’ Connect)’ at Jorhat, Assam to explore globally benchmarked technologies and products for self-reliant India.
- He said, the aim of industry connect is to explore globally benchmarked technologies and products for making the country self-sustaining and self-generating. The iconic 75 Industry Connect (‘i’-connect) events are aimed at forging partnership with industry in 10 thematic /focus areas.
About iconic 75 Industry connect:
- A series of iconic 75 Industry connect (‘i’-connect) events to showcase the achievements in various S&T areas.
- It will consolidate efforts of DSIR/CSIR, DBT and DST departments of Ministry of Science &Technology and Ministry of Earth Sciences to reach out to industry.
- The purpose is to forge partnerships with industry in thematic /focus areas.
- Each ‘i’-Connect event will include a variety of programs such as mega industry conferences, plenary talks, technical exhibitions, B2B meetings, round table discussions as well as breakout sessions which would enable promotion and fostering of business(es).
» A series of iconic 75 Industry connect (‘i’-connect) comprises 75 events across 10 themes scheduled from 12 May to 12 August 2022.
There are 10 themes:
- S&T Innovation And Incubation Ecosystem
- Agri-Nutri & Biotech
- Health Care
- Mining, Minerals, Metals & Materials
- Aerospace, Electronics & Instrumentation And Strategic Sector
- Civil Infrastructure And Engineering
- Climate Change
- Chemicals (Including Leather) And Petrochemicals
- Ecology, Environment, Earth & Ocean Science And Water
- Energy (Conventional and Non-conventional) and Energy Device
Gartex Texprocess India
⇒ Union Minister of State for Textiles & Railways, Darshana Jardosh inaugurated ‘Gartex Texprocess India’ and marked the launch of India’s leading textile and garment manufacturing trade fair in Mumbai, on 12 May 2022.
- The platform aims to reunite the Indian textile industry for exchange of technologies and solutions to reduce India’s import dependency of textile machinery.
- Gartex Texprocess India is a comprehensive tradeshow on garment & textile machinery.
- The show is targeted to address the interests of those who wish to reach out to the textile and garment machinery & accessories market in India.
- Gartex Texprocess India 2022 is designed to be the trendsetter for the industry player to showcase new technology, state-of-the-art equipment, materials and services.
- The Show hopes to accelerate technological advances in the Indian textile & garments industry through the showcase of high-quality, high-speed and competitively-priced products.
2nd Global COVID Virtual Summit
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the Second Global COVID Virtual Summit on the invitation of the President of U.S.A., Joseph R. Biden Jr. on 12 May 2022.
- Prime Minister delivered his remarks in the Opening Session of the Summit on the theme ‘Preventing Pandemic Fatigue and Prioritizing Preparedness’.
- Prime Minister highlighted that India adopted a people centric strategy to combat the pandemic and has made the highest ever allocation for its health budget this year.
- India is working to extend its genomic surveillance consortium.
- India has used traditional medicine extensively and has laid the foundation for a WHO Center for Traditional Medicine in India to make this knowledge available to the world.
- Prime Minister also called for strengthening and reforming the WHO to create a stronger and more resilient global health security architecture.
» Prime Minister had also participated in the first Global COVID virtual Summit hosted by President Biden on 22 September 2021.
Sanskrit Grammarian, Prof Bhagirath Prasad Tripathi
⇒ Sanskrit Grammarian, Prof Bhagirath Prasad Tripathi known as Vagish Shastri passed away on 11 May 2022 in Varanasi. He was 86.
Prof Bhagirath Prasad Tripathi made priceless contributions in making Sanskrit more popular among the youth using modern scientific methods.
The Government of India honored him with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award, for his work in the field of literature and education in 2018. He was also awarded the Certificate of Honour for Sanskrit by the President of India in 2013.
Dr. Vagish Shastri has invented a unique technique of teaching Sanskrit grammar called ‘Vagyoga’. Shastri has published three books on his invented Sanskrit Grammar “Vagyoga Technique”. He wrote books on different subjects which included grammatical and philological research work, drama, history, poetry, satire, historical research work and metaphysical writings.