‘YUVA Tourism Clubs’
⇒ Ministry of Tourism has initiated establishing ‘YUVA Tourism Clubs’ as part of the ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’ celebrations.
- The vision of YUVA Tourism Clubs is to nurture and develop young ambassadors of Indian tourism who would become aware of tourism possibilities in India, appreciate our rich cultural heritage and develop an interest and passion for tourism.
- These young ambassadors would be catalysts for promoting tourism in India.
» Central Board of Secondary Education has come forward to support the initiative of Ministry of Tourism and issued instructions to all CBSE affiliated schools regarding formation of Yuva Tourism Clubs.
The Ministry of Tourism has shared a ‘Handbook for Schools for conduct of Tourism Clubs’. The Handbook reiterates the purposes, operational strategies along with specific guidelines and suggestions for conduct of various activities.
Enhanced Scales of Accommodation- 2022 for the Armed Forces
⇒ Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has approved revised Scales of Accommodation 2022 (SoA) for Defence Services on 12 May 2022.
- This will ensure contemporary specifications in future projects and better standards of living for the personnel of the Armed Forces.
The implementation of Scales of Accommodation – 2022, would be tremendous improvement in built facilities/ infrastructure and specifications commensurate to contemporary requirements.
- Optimisation of Defence land usage by using multi-storeyed construction and austerity measures by combining of common facilities have been emphasized.
- These would ensure better working and living conditions for the Defence personnel including Defence civilians.
- Amenities in all public buildings for persons with disabilities have been introduced and gender commonality in all specifications has been ensured.
- The Scales of Accommodation (SoA) defines the authorization for construction facilities for operational, functional, training, administrative, living and recreation facilities for the Defence Services.
- These Scales are applicable for all the three Defence Services and the Indian Coast Guard.
- The previous SoA was approved by the Government in October 2009.
FSSAI & MoA formulates regulations for ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ Products
⇒ Ministry of Ayush and Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) under MoHFW, India’s apex body for food regulation has formulated regulations of safety & quality standards for food products under ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ category.
- This comprehensive initiative will ensure manufacturing of quality Ayurveda food products and help in expanding the international market for Make-In-India products.
According to the regulation, manufacturing and marketing of ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ products will now adhere to strict Food Safety and Standards (Ayurveda Aahara) Regulations, 2022 rules and will be available in market only after license/approval from FSSAI.
- A special logo has been created for “Ayurveda Aahara” category, which will enable easier identification and reinforce quality in Ayurveda food products.
- All food prepared in accordance with the recipes/ingredients/processes described in the authoritative books of Ayurveda will be considered as “Ayurveda Aahara”.
- The labelling of ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ shall specify the intended purpose, the target consumer group, recommended duration of use and other specific requirements.
- Health claims and disease risk reduction claims for the different categories of ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ and their approval process shall be in accordance with the requirements specified in regulations.
- However, ‘Ayurveda Aahara’ will not include Ayurvedic drugs or proprietary Ayurvedic medicines and medicinal products, cosmetics, narcotic or psychotropic substances and herbs.
- Further, Ayurveda Aahara is also not recommended to young children below age 2 years.
MoU between Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and UNDP
⇒ The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Government of India and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have signed a MoU wherein UNDP will provide technical support towards Centre’s aspirational Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana scheme & Kisan Credit Card –Modified Interest Subvention Scheme.
As per MoU:
- UNDP will provide responsive, demand-driven technical assistance for effective implementation of agriculture credit and crop insurance;
- As well as, UNDP will provide capacity development and Information, Education & Communication (IEC) support to existing national and state institutions, keeping in mind the interest of small and marginal farmers, women farmers, sharecroppers, tenant and non-loanee farmers.
2021–22 FA Women's Super League
⇒ The 2021–22 FA Women’s Super League season was the 11th season of the FA Women’s Super League (WSL). Twelve teams played the 2021–22 FA Women’s Super League season.
Chelsea won the Women’s Super League title on the final day of the season by defeating Manchester United 4-2 at Wembley on 08 May 2022. Chelsea won their third consecutive and fifth overall Women’s Super League title.
» The Women’s Super League is the highest league of women’s football in England, established in 2010.
UAE President Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
⇒ His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Abu Dhabi passed away on 13 May 2022.
- As a mark of respect to the departed dignitary, the Government of India decided to observe one day’s State Mourning throughout India.
Sheikh Khalifa Al Nahyan served as the president of the UAE and Ruler of Abu Dhabi since November 2004. He succeeded his father Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan in November 2004.
Born in 1948, Sheikh Khalifa was the second President of the UAE and the 16th Ruler of Abu Dhabi.