Agreement between C-DOT and Galore Networks
⇒ C-DOT and Galore Networks have signed an agreement for collaborative development of end-to-end 5G RAN products & solutions.
» This agreement will be in furtherance of objective of creating a multi-partner indigenous 5G ecosystem through Startups.
- Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) is keen on building robust partnerships with various stakeholders of indigenous 5G ecosystem including local industry and start-ups.
- C-DOT has continued to lay great emphasis on evolving a well-coordinated collaborative framework that supports multiple 5G partners for healthy competition amongst key 5G players in an output-driven and target-oriented environment.
- This collaborative approach based on achieving synergy and harmony amongst multiple ecosystem partners will facilitate the evolution of mutually productive and sustainable alliances.
- This will act as a catalyst resulting into indigenous design, development, manufacturing and deployment of cost-effective 5G products and solutions.
- This will bring the technical competencies and complementary strengths of Indian R&D and industry on a single unified platform leading to the creation of indigenous Intellectual Property (IP) assets that can generate new avenues for wider reach and commercialization of home-grown technologies at global level.
About C-DOT & Galore Networks:
- Centre for Development of Telematics is the premier R&D centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India. C-DOT has developed its indigenous 4G solution and is keenly working in the area of 5G.
- Galore Networks, established in 2013 and headquartered in Bengaluru, is developing carrier grade products and services for global communication service providers, enterprises and critical infrastructure and vertical market segments.
NAHI's Digital Photography Contest 2022
⇒ Celebrating Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has announced a Digital Photography Contest 2022 to encourage the professional and amateur photographers across the country.
The theme of the photography contest was ‘National Highways through the Eyes of the Camera’.
» The contest was open for Indian nationals and had two separate categories for Amateur and Professional participants. The last date to participate was 31st July 2022.
- There are of six prizes to be won and the first prize of Rs.50,000 will be awarded to winner in each category.
- Apart from these, ten consolation prizes of Rs.10,000 each will also be awarded.
e-auction for Commercial earning, Non-Fare Revenue (NFR) contracts
⇒ Indian Railways has taken steps to bring Commercial Earning and Non-Fare Revenue contracts under the ambit of electronic auction through Indian Railway e-Procurement System (IREPS), in line with prevailing e-auction of scrap sale. Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw launched e-auction for Commercial earning, Non-Fare Revenue (NFR) contracts in Rail Bhavan on 24 June 2022.
- This will not only increase Railways earning but also bolster efforts being taken by the Government for ease of doing business.
- Bidder located anywhere in India need to self-register once for participating in auctions of any field unit of Indian Railways through the portal.
- Online mode makes potential bidders from distant location across country to participate in the bidding process.
- Online payment to Railways post award of contract. Till now provision of daily manual payment in parcel leasing contract is there, which is a tedious process. Now it is made online.
- Better Monitoring: After mapping, portal prompts when an earning contract of a particular asset is nearing completion and compels to start fresh auction, thus making idle time of the asset minimal.
- Quick re-award of contract in case of failure of any contractor.
- No eligibility criteria upto 40 lacs, it will help in promoting start-ups. etc.
14th BRICS Summit
⇒ At the invitation of President Xi Jinping, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi attended the 14th BRICS Summit in virtual format on 23-24 June 2022. Prime Minister Shri Modi led India’s participation at the 14th BRICS Summit.
The 14th BRICS Summit convened under the Chairship of President Xi Jinping of China.
President Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, President Vladimir Putin of Russia, and President Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa also participated in the Summit on 23 June.
- The participating guest countries were Algeria, Argentina, Cambodia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Fiji, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan,Malaysia, Senegal, Thailandand Uzbekistan.
» Prior to the Summit, Prime Minister participated in the Opening Ceremony of the BRICS Business Forum on 22 June 2022.
- Prime Minister also suggested the BRICS business community to further cooperate in field of technology-based solutions for social and economic challenges, Startups, and MSMEs.
» On 23 June, the leaders held discussions including in fields of Counter-Terrorism, Trade, Health, Traditional Medicine, Environment, Science, Technology & Innovation, Agriculture, Technical and Vocational Education & Training.
- Key issues in the global context, including the reform of the multilateral system, COVID-19 pandemic, global economic recovery, amongst others, were also discussed.
» Prime Minister called for strengthening of the BRICS Identity and proposed establishment of Online Database for BRICS documents, BRICS Railways Research Network, and strengthening cooperation between MSMEs.
- India will be organizing BRICS Startup event this year to strengthen connection between Startups in BRICS countries.
» At the conclusion of the Summit, BRICS Leaders adopted the ‘Beijing Declaration’.
The High-level Dialogue on Global Development, non-BRICS engagement segment of the Summit, was held on 24 June.
On 24 June, Prime Minister highlighted:
- India’s development partnership with Africa, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, and from Pacific to Caribbean
- India’s focus on a free, open, inclusive, and rules-based maritime space
- Respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity of all nations from the Indian Ocean Region to Pacific Ocean
- Reform of multilateral system as large parts of Asia and all of Africa and Latin America have no voice in global decision-making
» Prime Minister noted the importance of circular economy and invited citizens of participating countries to join Lifestyle for Environment (LIFE) campaign.
BRICS has become a platform for discussing and deliberating on issues of common concern for all developing countries. BRICS countries have regularly called for reform of the multilateral system in order to make it more representative and inclusive.