ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020:
- ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India) was established in 1920 by promoter Chambers representing all regions of India.
ASSOCHAM celebrated Foundation Day 2020 on December 12, 2020. To mark the occasion, the chamber organized 5-day virtual event from 15 December to 19 December, 2020. During this event central theme was “India’s resilience: Aatmanirbhar roadmap towards a US$5 trillion economy”.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was addressed at ASSOCHAM Foundation Week 2020 on 19 December 2020.
ASSOCHAM Enterprise of the Century Award:
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has presented the “ASSOCHAM Enterprise of the Century Award” to Shri Ratan Tata, he received this award on behalf of the Tata group.
Human Freedom Index 2020 Report:
- The Human Freedom Index 2020 report is co‐published by the Cato Institute and the Fraser Institute. India has been ranked 111th out of 162 countries, with an overall human freedom score is 6.43.
Railway link between India & Bangladesh:
- During the PM level virtual bilateral summit between India & Bangladesh, Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Ms. Sheikh Hasina jointly inaugurated a railway link between Haldibari in India and Chilahati in Bangladesh, on 17 December 2020.
This newly opened rail link will enhance growth in regional trade and to encourage economic and social development of the region.
Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 Tournament:
- The BCCI announced on 17 December 2020 that the knockout matches of the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy would take place at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad.
The knock out matches of the T20 Championship will be held from January 20 to January 31, 2020.
Syed Mushtaq Ali T20 tournament will be started from January 10, 2021. All the 38 teams involved have been categorized into 6 Groups (5 Elite Groups and 1 Plate Group).
Apart from Ahmedabad, the other six venues included for league matches are Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Indore, Chennai and Vadodara.
- The 60th Goa Liberation Day was celebrated on 19 December 2020. This marks the day when the Indian Armed Forces freed Goa from Portuguese rule.
- Former chief minister of Madhya Pradesh and veteran Congress leader Motilal Vora died due to post Covid-19 complications in Delhi on December 21, 2020. He was 93.