The Grand Finale of the Red Ribbon Quiz Competition:
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan,Union Minister of Health and Family welfare on 12 January 2021 inaugurated the first ‘The Grand Finale of the Red Ribbon Quiz Competition’ in the presence of Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare. It was organized by the National AIDS Control Organization and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
5th National Kayakalp Awards:
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and family Welfare inaugurated the 5th National Kayakalp Awards along with Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey via video conference.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan felicitated Kayakalp award to public and private health facilities for high standards of sanitation and hygiene.
A national initiative, ‘Kayakalp’ was launched by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare on 15 May 2015 with an aim to ensure hygiene, sanitation and cleanliness in public health facilities in India.
13th India-Vietnam Defence Security Dialogue:
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar, co-chaired the 13th India-Vietnam Defence Security Dialogue along with his Vietnamese co-chair Sr Lt Gen Nguyen Chi Vinh, Deputy Defence Minister, Socialist Republic of Vietnam on 12 January 2021.
During the virtual interaction, Defence Secretary and the Deputy Defence Minister exchanged views on the plan of action that has emanated from the recently concluded Virtual Summit between Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi and Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam Nguyen Xuan Phuc in December 2020.
Dialogue between the Police chiefs of India and Bangladesh:
- The first Delegation-Level virtual Police Chiefs’ Dialogue between the Police chiefs of India and Bangladesh was held on 12 January 2021.
Both sides agreed to enhance their work jointly against terrorist entities including the Global Terrorist Groups, as well as other fugitives, wherever they are present and active.
The scope of enhanced coordination to combat trans-border criminal activities, including smuggling of drugs, Fake Indian Currency Notes, arms and ammunition and human trafficking was also discussed.
- Noted social activist D Prakash Rao died due to brain stroke on 13 January 2021 in Cuttack. He was 63. He was known for his contribution towards imparting education to slum and orphan children in Cuttack.
He was conferred with Padma Shri award, the fourth highest civilian award of the country, in 2019.