HarGharDastak campaign 2.0
⇒ “HarGharDastak campaign 2.0” to accelerate the pace and coverage of COVID19 vaccination across States and UTs has commenced across the country.
The two-month long “Har Ghar Dastak 2.0” campaign commenced on 01 June 2022 to expedite Covid-19 Vaccination Coverage and cover all eligible beneficiaries through door-to-door campaigns. ‘HarGharDastak 2.0’ is being implemented from 1st June 2022 to 31st July 2022.
- “HarGharDastak campaign” was launched in November 2021.
The objective of the ‘Har GharDastak2.0’ Abhiyan is to vaccinate and cover the eligible population groups for first, second and precaution doses through door-to-door campaigns.
Being implemented in a ‘Mission Mode’, States and UTs have been advised to give an intensive push towards full COVID19 vaccination coverage by vaccinating all eligible beneficiaries.
- Major focus will also remain on improving sub-optimal coverage of persons aged ≥ 60 years with precaution dose, along with considerably slower speed of coverage in the 12-14 years cohort by focused campaigns for old age homes, schools/colleges including the out-of-school children (for focused coverage of children aged 12-18 years population), prisons, brick kilns, etc.
75-day countdown to 75th year of Independence
⇒ Minister of state for Culture and External Affairs Smt Meenakashi Lekhi launched the 75-day countdown to 75th year of Independence in New Delhi. The program was held at Central Park, Connaught Place, New Delhi on 01 June 2022.
- A huge screen is set up in the central park facing the Palika Bazaar that has a footfall of thousands every day that will play the countdown for 75 days from 1st June 2022 to 15th August, 2022.
- The screen will also play stories of unsung heroes of our country to inculcate a sense of pride for our culture and country and bring together people in an attempt towards Janbhagidari as invocated by PM Shri Narendra Modi.
- Prime Minister had earlier launched a 75-week countdown to the 75th year of Independence on 12th March 2021.
Indian Railways' "Operation Mahila Suraksha"
⇒ Safety and Security of women have always been paramount to the Indian Railways. Railway Protection Force (RPF) and frontline railway staff are relentlessly working to ensure safe & secure travel of women over the Indian railways. Dedicated to this objective of women security a pan India drive “Operation Mahila Suraksha” was launched from 3rd to 31st May 2022.
During this drive, RPF has arrested more than 7000 persons who were traveling unauthorizedly in the coaches reserved for women. RPF also rescued 150 girls/women from becoming the victims of human trafficking.
- With an objective of providing enhanced safety and security to lady passengers travelling by trains for their entire journey a pan India initiative “Meri Saheli” is also operational.
Lt Gen (Res) Benjamin Gantz, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister of Israel visits India
⇒ Lt Gen (Res) Benjamin Gantz, Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister of Israel reached New Delhi on June 02, 2022 an official visit to India. It was his first visit to India with an aim to strengthen the defence ties between the two countries.
» The Defence Minister of Israel Mr Benjamin Gantz, called on Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The leaders reviewed the rapid growth in defence cooperation between India and Israel over the past few years. Prime Minister encouraged Israeli defence companies to benefit from opportunities of co-development and co-production in India.
» Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh held a bilateral meeting with Defence Minister of Israel Mr Benjamin Gantz in New Delhi on June 02, 2022.
- A wide range of issues concerning bilateral, regional and defence industrial cooperation were discussed during the meeting.
- They discussed ways to increase cooperation in all domains with a focus on Research & Development in future technologies and defence co-production.
- Both the Ministers acknowledged mutual security challenges and their convergences on a number of strategic and defence issues.
- They expressed commitment to work together to enhance cooperation in all forums.
- With the intention to further strengthen the existing framework of the Indo-Israeli defence cooperation architecture, both sides adopted the India-Israel Vision on Defence Cooperation.
- A Letter of Intent on enhancing cooperation in the field of Futuristic Defence Technologies was also exchanged between the two Ministers.
World Bicycle Day 2022
⇒ World Bicycle Day is observed every year on 3 June. It recognizes the uniqueness, longevity and versatility of the bicycle which has been used for two centuries.
The day is aimed at making people more active through simple activities, including cycling. The day is also observed for strengthening education, preventing diseases, including physical exercise, promoting tolerance, and facilitating social inclusion through cycling.
- The United Nations declared June 3 as World Bicycle Day in 2018.
- During the 72nd regular session of the United Nations General Assembly, the United Nations passed a resolution to declare World Bicycle Day.
Celebration in India:
Union Minister for Youth Affairs & Sports Shri Anurag Thakur flagged off Nationwide programmes on the occasion of World Bicycle Day, from Major Dhyan Chand Stadium, New Delhi.
- Shri Anurag Singh Thakur led the cycle rally organized in Delhi, which set off from Dhyan Chand Stadium. He was joined by the Ministers and MP’s who graced the occasion.
- More than 1500 people participated in the 7.5 kms rally in Delhi.
- Further, Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS) organised Cycle Rallies at more than 100 locations in 35 States/UTs capital including at 75 iconic places across the country during which 75 participants in each rally covered the distance of 7.5 km.
Freedom fighter and veteran of Indian National Army (INA) Anjalai Ponnusamy
⇒ Freedom fighter and veteran of Indian National Army (INA) Anjalai Ponnusamy passed away on 31 May 2022 at Sentul in Malaysia. She was 102.
Anjalai had joined the Rani of Jhansi Regiment, the women’s unit of the INA, during the second World War and fought for India’s freedom from the British.
She joined Netaji Subash Chandra Bose’s INA a young age of 21, and fought during a challenging time, for the independence of India.