Setting up of National Land Monetization Corporation
⇒ The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the setting up National Land Monetization Corporation as a wholly owned Government of India company with an initial authorized share capital of Rs 5000 crore and paid-up share capital of Rs 150 crore.
National Land Monetization Corporation (NLMC) will undertake monetization of surplus land and building assets of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and other Government agencies.
- The proposal is in pursuance of the Budget Announcement for 2021-22.
With monetization of non-core assets, Government would be able to generate substantial revenues by monetizing unused and under-used assets.
» Department of Public Enterprise, Ministry of Finance, will set up the company and act as its administrative ministry.
Indian Railways' 1st Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal
⇒ Indian Railways’ 1st Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal has been commissioned in Asansol Division of Eastern Railway.
» In pursuance to Prime Minister’s vision “Gati Shakti” and Ministry of Railways’ Policy regarding ‘Gati Shakti Multi-Modal Cargo Terminal’ (GCT), Asansol division of Indian Railways has successfully commissioned private siding of Maithan Power Limited at Thaparnagar.
- This is the FIRST such GCT commissioned in Indian Railways since publication of GCT policy in December 2021.
- The Maithan Power Project was initiated in the year 2009 and subsequently the power generation was started in the year 2011.
- Till now the requirement of coal to the power project was being made through road which is expected to convert into 120 inward coal rakes per month.
- Also 02 to 04 outward rakes of Fly Ash are projected to be handled from the siding.
Book ‘Role of Labour in India’s Development’
⇒ The Union Minister for Labour and Employment & Environment, Forest and Climate Change Shri Bhupender Yadav released a book titled ‘Role of Labour in India’s Development’, in New Delhi on 9 March, 2022.
The Book contains 12 articles written by eminent academicians and practitioners on the contribution of labour in India’s development journey.
Establishment of ‘BIS Standardization Chair Professor’
⇒ Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with IIT Roorkee (IITR) on 10th March 2022 for establishment of ‘BIS Standardization Chair Professor’ at IIT Roorkee.
This would be the first Standardization Chair established by BIS in an Institute for activities on Standardization and Conformity Assessment.
- The MoU would facilitate the research & development, teaching and training in the field of Standardization and Conformity Assessment in the country.
- It will focus on the areas of civil, electrical, mechanical, chemical, earthquake engineering, development and management of water resources and renewable energy projects, infrastructure development, medical biotechnology and nanotechnology, biotechnology, biomaterials, etc.
EXERCISE DHARMA GUARDIAN 2022
⇒ A joint military exercise, “EX DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022”, between India and Japan conducted at Foreign Training Node, Belagavi (Belgaum, Karnataka) from 27 February to 10 March, 2022.
» Combat experienced troops of the 15th Battalion the MARATHA LIGHT INFANTRY Regiment of the Indian Army and 30th Infantry Regiment of Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces (JGSDF) participated in the exercise.
» The 12 days long joint exercise included house interventions drills, raid on terrorist hideouts in semi urban terrain, combat first aid, unarmed combat & close quarter combat firing.
- The two sides jointly trained, planned and executed a series of well-developed tactical drills for neutralisation of likely threats.
» Troops shared experiences gained during operations in order to enhance inter-operability in planning & execution of various operations in jungle & semi urban/ urban terrain.
» “Exercise Dharma Guardian” enhanced the level of defence co-operation between Indian Army and Japanese Ground Self Defence Forces, which in turn further fostered the bilateral relations between the two nations.
- Exercise DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022 is an annual training event which is being conducted in India since 2018.
- The scope of this exercise covers platoon level joint training on operations in jungle and semi urban/urban terrain.
4th Jan Aushadhi Diwas
⇒ Fourth Jan Aushadhi Diwas was celebrated on 07 March 2022. To celebrate the Janaushadhi Diwas, Janaushadhi Diwas week was observed from 1st March to 7th March 2022.
Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices Bureau of India (PMBI), under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals celebrated their 4th Jan Aushadhi Diwas by organizing weeklong celebrations at different locations across the country covering all States/UTs.
The theme of the 4th Janaushadhi Diwas was “Jan Aushadhi-Jan Upyogi”.
Jan Aushadhi Diwas is celebrated every year on 07 March to educate the general public about the benefits of the Jan Aushadhi Pariyojana.