Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety Awards
⇒ Shri Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister of Labour and Employment, Environment, Forest and Climate Change presented Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar, National Safety Awards for the performance year 2018 and National Safety Awards (Mines) for the contest years 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020.
» In case of Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar, for the performance year 2018, total 96 awards were given.
» In case of National Safety Awards, total 141 number of (80 winners & 61 runners-up) awards were given.
» In case of National Safety Awards (Mines), total 144 awards were given (72 Winner prizes and 72 Runner-up prizes) for the contest year 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020.
- The Ministry of Labour & Employment, has been operating the “Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar” and “National Safety Awards (NSA)” since 1965 and National Safety Awards (Mines) since 1983.
- VRP and NSA are operated by the Directorate General Factory Advice Service & Labour Institutes (DGFASLI), Mumbai.
- NSA (Mines) is operated by Directorate General of Mines Safety (DGMS), Dhanbad.
- VRP is awarded in recognition of outstanding suggestions given by a worker or group of workers and implemented by the management during the performance calendar year resulting in improvement in quality, productivity and working conditions such as safety, health and environmental conservation in the industrial undertakings where “Suggestion Schemes” are in operation.
- The NSA is given in recognition of outstanding safety performance of industrial establishments, construction sites, ports and installations under Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB) to stimulate and maintain the interests of both the management and the workers in accident prevention programs.
India Global Forum Summit
⇒ The annual summit of the India Global Forum (IGF) was organized on March 7 and 8, 2022 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
» Minister of State, Ministry of Electronics and Information technology & Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Mr Rajeev Chandrasekhar attended the India Global Forum summit.
- The Minister addressed the sessions of IGF titled – The New India Inc.
- The Minister also met and interacted with the Founder & CEOs of 30 Unicorns.
» This was the first ever edition of IGF at Bengaluru. The previous editions were hosted at Dubai & UK.
IGF is the agenda-setting forum for international business and global leaders. It offers a selection of platforms that international corporates and policymakers can leverage to interact with stakeholders in their sectors and geographies of strategic importance.
Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela 2022
⇒ Union Minister of State Shri Kailash Choudhary inaugurated Pusa Krishi Vigyan Mela 2022 in New Delhi on 09 March 2022.
» On this occasion, Shri Choudhary dedicated “Pusa Agri Krishi Haat Complex” developed in two acres.
- Farmers and Farmer Producer Organizations will be able to do direct marketing of their products in the ‘Pusa Agri Krishi Haat Complex’.
The three-day Krishi Mela was organized by the ICAR−Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) under the guidance of the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar.
The major attractions of the fair were:
Smart/Digital Agriculture, Agri Startups and Farmer Producer Organization (FPO), Organic and Natural Farming, Protected Farming/Hydroponic/Aeroponic/Vertical Farming, Advisory for promotion of Export of Agricultural Products.
WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine in India
⇒ The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the establishment of the WHO Global Centre for Traditional Medicine (WHO GCTM) in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- For this, the Government of India and the World Health Organization signed a Host Country agreement.
- The WHO GCTM will be established in Jamnagar under the Ministry of AYUSH. This would be the first and only global outposted Centre (office) for traditional medicine across the globe.
- To position AYUSH systems across the globe.
- To provide leadership on global health matters pertaining to traditional medicine.
- To ensure quality, safety and efficacy, accessibility and rational use of traditional medicine.
- To develop norms, standards, and guidelines in relevant technical areas, tools and methodologies, for collecting data undertaking analytics, and assess impact.
- Envisage WHO TM Informatics centre creating a collaborative of existing TM Data banks, virtual libraries, and academic and research institutes.
- To develop specific capacity building and training programmes in the areas of relevance to the objectives and conduct training programmes in campus, residential, or web-based, and through partnerships with the WHO Academy and other strategic partners.
» Traditional medicine is a key pillar of health care delivery systems and plays a crucial role in maintaining good health and well-being.
Indian Navy’s Multilateral Naval Exercise, MILAN 2022
⇒ The opening ceremony of the Indian Navy’s Multilateral Naval Exercise, MILAN 2022 was held at the Naval Auditorium at Visakhapatnam on 26 February 2022. 46 friendly countries were invited for MILAN 2022.
The theme of the MILAN 2022 exercise was ‘Camaraderie – Cohesion – Collaboration’ which aimed to project India as a responsible maritime power to the world at large.
2022 ICC Women's Cricket World Cup
⇒ The 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup was the 12th edition of the Women’s Cricket World Cup. It was held in New Zealand from 04 March to 03 April, 2022.
- India women’s cricket team was eliminated even before the semi-finals.
The 2022 ICC Women’s World Cup Final was played between Australia and England at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on 03 April 2022.
- Australia defeated England by 71 runs in the final match to win the seventh World Cup.