Agreement between C-DOT, WiSig Networks Private Limited and VVDN Technologies Private Limited
⇒ Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), WiSig Networks Private Limited and VVDN Technologies Private Limited have signed an agreement for collaboration in the area of Open RAN based Radio Network for 5G solution.
This collaboration aims to leverage the technical competencies and complementary strengths of Indian R&D and industry in evolving a mutually productive alliance leading to indigenous design, development, manufacturing and deployment of cost-effective 5G products and solutions.
- This engagement will augment the indigenous Intellectual Property and create new avenues for wider adoption and monetization of home-grown 5G products & solutions.
» Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) is the premier R&D centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India. C-DOT has indigenously designed various cutting-edge Telecom technologies including 4G solution and is keenly working in the area of 5G.
» WiSig Networks Private Limited is an upcoming start up engaged in the business of developing, marketing, and offering various communications solutions including 5G Mobile Communication Products and Solutions.
» VVDN Technologies Private Limited is a leading product engineering and manufacturing company in various technology domains including 5G, Networking & Wi-Fi, IoT, and cloud storage services.
Final report of Integrated Landscape Management Plan for Greater Panna Landscape
⇒ The final report of Integrated Landscape Management Plan for Greater Panna Landscape was released on 02 June 2022 by Shri Pankaj Kumar, Secretary, Department of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Ministry of Jal Shakti.
- This integrated landscape management plan has been prepared in respect of Ken-Betwa Link Project by Wildlife Institute of India (WII).
The project team was led by Dr K. Ramesh, Scientist, WII. He carried out extensive field work by using advanced scientific tools and techniques, analysed the data and came up with detailed site-specific inputs for the implementation of the proposed activities.
» The Integrated Landscape Management Plan provides for better habitat protection, and management of flagship species such as Tigers, Vultures, and Gharial.
- It will help to holistically consolidate the landscape for biodiversity conservation and human well-being, especially forest dependent communities.
» Greater Panna Landscape Plan expected to enhance tiger carrying capacity in the landscape by strengthening connectivity with Nauradehi wildlife sanctuary and Durgavati wildlife sanctuary in MP and Ranipur wildlife sanctuary in UP.
» This integrated landscape management plan has been prepared in respect of Ken-Betwa Link Project.
- The project has been approved by the Govt of India in December, 2021 for implementation. The historic agreement was signed on 22nd March 2021 between the Union Minister of Jal Shakti and the CM of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh in the presence of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- This project is the first major centrally driven river interlinking project in the country.
Start-up India-2022 Expo & Conclave
⇒ Union Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Science and Technology; Minister of State (I/C) Ministry of Earth Science; MoS of Prime Minister’s Office and Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh addressed as a Chief Guest at the “Start-up India-2022 Expo & Conclave” on 02 June 2022.
- “Start-up India-2022 Expo & Conclave” was organized by PHD Chamber of Commerce in New Delhi on 2-3 June 2022.
» PHD Start-up India 2022 Expo & Conclave was focused on ‘Rise of the Startup Ecosystem’.
The Union Minister said that Start-Up ecosystem is going to determine India’s future economy and will act as a key pillar for the world economy as well. The number of StartUps in India has grown to 70,000 from about 300 to 400 in 8 years from 2014 to 2022.
- In conclusion, Dr Jitendra Singh promised complete financial, technical support from the Science and Technology Ministry to the budding and promising start-ups in Bio-tech, Dairy and Agri-tech sectors.
- He also promised help in product development and marketing and sale of products for providing gainful employment to the youth in the country.
- PHD Start-up India 2022 Expo & Conclave was structured for a 360-degree understanding of startup ecosystem with a view to derive actionable recommendations for consolidating gains made during the journey of the startup India initiative and building further upon these foundations for seeking desirable objectives.
- The sessions were designed to bring together the best of global and experts consisting of Government leaders, Policy makers, Thought leaders, Startup, Investors, Incubators, Innovators, Academic Institution, Industry captains and others.
Direct-to-Mobile Broadcasting Conclave
⇒ A Conclave on ‘Direct to Mobile and 5G Broadband – Convergence Roadmap for India’ was organized at Akashvani Rang Bhawan auditorium of Prasar Bharati in New Delhi on June 1, 2022.
- It was organized by by IIT Kanpur, in collaboration with Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI).
The conclave demonstrated for the first time NextGen Broadcast technology on smart phones and other smart devices, apart from releasing a joint white paper on Direct to Mobile Broadcasting by IIT Kanpur, TSDSI and Prasar Bharati.
2021–22 UEFA Champions League
⇒ The 2021–22 UEFA Champions League was the 67th season of Europe’s premier club football tournament. The European Champion Clubs’ Cup was renamed the UEFA Champions League in the 1992–93 season.
- It was organized by UEFA (Union of European Football Associations).
The 2022 UEFA Champions League Final was played on 28 May 2022 at the Stade de France in Saint-Denis, France. The final match took place between English club Liverpool and Spanish club Real Madrid.
- Real Madrid defeated Liverpool 1–0 in the final. Real Madrid became European champion for a record-extending 14th time.
» UEFA’s Technical Observer panel named Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema as the 2021-22 UEFA Champions League Player of the Season.