IIM-JRD Tata Award for 2020:
- The IIM-JRD Tata Award for 2020 was conferred to Vikram Kirloskar, vice-chairman of Toyota Kirloskar Motor India by the Indian Institute of Metals (IIM). The award has been given for his service to the country through his excellence in corporate leadership in metallurgical industries.
The award is conferred annually, & it was instituted in 2007 by IIM. This year, award was handed over to Vikram Kirloskar in a digital event held on February 24, 2021.
Honorary Fellow of Sahitya Akademi:
- Scholar, writer, translator and critic, Professor Velcheru Narayana Rao has been elected honorary Fellow of Sahitya Akademi, the highest literary honour in the country. Narayana Rao is the 14th scholar to be elected the honorary Fellow of the Akademi.
The election of Narayana Rao was made based on his contribution to the Telugu literature. His publications include- “Girls for Sale: Kanyasulkam”; “A play from Colonial India”; “God on Hill: Temple Songs from Tirupati with David Shulman”.
New Chairman of National Commission for Scheduled Castes:
- Shri Vijay Sampla assumed the charge of Chairman National Commission for Scheduled Castes(NCSC) in New Delhi on 24 February 2021. Shri Vijay Sampla has been the former Union Minister of State for Social Justice & Empowerment from 2014-19.
Sahitya Akademi Award 2020:
- Sahitya Akademi announced its annual Sahitya Akademi Awards in 20 languages, on 12 March 2021.
In the list of winners of Sahitya Akademi Awards 2020 Seven books of poetry, four of novel, five of short stories, Two Plays, and one each of Memoirs and Epic Poetry are included. Awards in Malayalam, Nepali, Odia and Rajasthani will be announced later. Read More About Sahitya Akademi Award 2020 & Winners
ASSOCHAM University of the Year Award-South:
- KLE Technological University, Hubballi has won the prestigious “ASSOCHAM University of the Year Award-South” under Science and Technology for the year 2021. Dean (Academics) of KLE Technological University received this award in New Delhi.
Mr Vineet Agarwal is the President of Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).
CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award:
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 5 March 2021 has been conferred with the ‘Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award’ by the Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA).
CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award were instituted in 2016.
The award recognises the commitment of leadership towards the future of global energy and environment, and for offering solutions and policies for energy access, affordability and environmental stewardship.
The Cambridge Energy Research Associates (CERA) is a US-based consulting firm. It specializes in energy markets and organizes an annual conference CERAWeek.
'Maritime India Summit' 2021:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’ on 2nd March 2021.
Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways organized the ‘Maritime India Summit 2021’ on a virtual platform, from 2nd March to 4th March 2021.
The Summit aimed to promote both international and domestic investment in the Ports and Maritime Sector. The objective of the Summit was to propel India to the forefront of the Global Maritime Sector.
The MIS-2021 celebrated Chabahar day on 04th March 2021. Chabahar is Iran’s closest and best access point to the Indian Ocean.
12th Technical Group Meeting of National Statistical Offices of BRICS Countries:
- The 12th Technical Group Meeting of National Statistical Offices of BRICS Countries has been held on 24th February 2021 at New Delhi in virtual mode under the aegis of Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, Govt of India. BRICS Countries are Brazil, Russia, India, China, & South Africa.
The 12th Technical Group Meeting was chaired by Director General (Statistics), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and attended by National Statistical Offices of BRICS countries.
In the meeting, draft Joint Statistical Publication (JSP) and JSP (Snapshot) was discussed.
The Joint Statistical Publication 2021 (JSP) and JSP (Snapshot) will be released in “Meeting of Heads of NSOs” to be held in the month of August, 2021.