Early Intervention Centre- "PRAYAS"
⇒ To alleviate the suffering and instil confidence in parents in dealing with differently abled children a model “Early Intervention Centre- Prayas” has been established at Army Hospital (Research & Referral).
- The “Early Intervention Centre” is a comprehensive state-of-the-art facility which is dedicated to the children with special needs.
The Centre was inaugurated by Mrs Archana Pande, President, Army Wives Welfare Association (AWWA) in the presence of Gen Manoj Pande, Chief of the Army Staff on 12 September 2022 at the Army Hospital (R&R).
- Children of Armed Forces personnel upto six years of age suffering from autism, cerebral palsy, sleep and language delay and other disabilities will benefit immensely from this venture.
- The newly established Centre has facilities of advanced screening for hearing and visual defects, detection of Autism, clinical identification of various syndromes and therapeutic facilities like Special Education, Sensory Integration Occupational and Physiotherapy, Behaviour Modification and Nutritional Guidance.
- It is integrated with Vatsalya, a paediatric super speciality discipline, which has been redesigned with a child friendly Walt Disney theme.
WorldSkills Competition 2022 (WSC2022)
⇒ Mr. Likith YP won Bronze Medal in the Skill of Prototype Modelling at the WorldSkills Competition 2022 (WSC2022).
» Competition of Prototype Modelling Skill was the beginning of WSC2022 in phase 1. Phase 1 of WSC 2022 took place in Bern, Switzerland from 7-10 September 2022.
- Likith has completed his diploma in Mechatronics from Toyata Technical Training Institute and was under training for this competition since January 2022.
- He has also won India’s National Skill Competition “IndiaSkills 2021” in Prototype Modelling Skill.
- He has been trained by Toyota India Expert Mr Bhaskar Singh, who is also a Chief Expert in Prototype Modelling Skill at WorldSkills International platform.
- WorldSkills Competition is an international competition of skilled youth between member countries of WorldSkills International.
- WorldSkills India of National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is the implementing body for conducting skill competitions in India and training of youth to represent country in International Skill Competitions.
47th Annual General Meeting and India Ideas Summit
⇒ Union Minister of Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan participated in the India Ideas Summit on 08 September 2022.
The summit was organised by the U.S-India Business Council and the US Chamber of Commerce, International Affairs, South Asia.
The theme of the event was “Maximising the Next 75 years of U.S. – India Prosperity.”
Topics for discussion at the 47th India Ideas Summit:
- The Indo-Pacific
- The Future of Energy
- The Digital Economy
- Social Development
» CEOs and top management of American companies were present at the occasion.
Lifetime Achievement Award at the 79th Venice Film Festival
⇒ Veteran actor Kabir Bedi was honoured with the lifetime achievement award at Venice Film Festival on 03 September 2022.
The actor, known for his performances in Bollywood and Hollywood titles, was awarded the Filming Italy Movie Lifetime Achievement Award at the Venice Production Bridge market.
» The 79th annual Venice International Film Festival was held from 31 August to 10 September 2022 in Venice, Italy.
Malaysian Age Group Rapid Chess Championship
⇒ Six-year-old Anishka Biyani won gold medal in the Malaysian Age Group Rapid Chess Championship at Kuala Lumpur on 04 September 2022.
Anishka, a first-grade student of Dhirubhai Ambani school, achieved the feat in the Under-6 Open category with an impressive score of four points out of possible six to clinch the title in the girls category.
- Earlier this year, Anishka also qualified as one of the best under-7 players in the All India FIDE rating chess tournament held in Yousufguda, Hyderabad.
Dwarka peeth Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati
⇒ Dwarka peeth Shankaracharya Swami Swaroopanand Saraswati passed away at the age of 99 in Madhya Pradesh’s Narsinghpur district on 11 September 2022.
Swami Swaroopanand was the Shankracharya of Dwarka, Sharda, and Jyotish Peeth. The Shankaracharya was born as Pothiram Upadhyay in Dighori village in the Seoni district of Madhya Pradesh in 1924.