- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-INVEST 2020), on November 26, 2020. It will be organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India, from 26 – 28 November 2020.
Theme of the RE-INVEST 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’. It aims to accelerate the worldwide effort to scale up development and deployment of renewable energy and connect the global investment community with Indian energy stakeholders.
RE-INVEST 2020 will include a three day virtual conference on renewables and future energy choices. It also includes an exhibition of manufacturers, developers, investors and innovators engaged in the clean energy sector.
Swachhata Awards 2020:
- Union Minister for Jal Shakti, Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and the Minister of State, Jal Shakti, Shri Rattan Lal Kataria conferred the Swachhata Awards 2020 on the 20 best performing districts on the occasion of World Toilet Day i.e. on November 19, 2020. These districts have been awarded for making significant contribution towards ODF Sustainability and ODF Plus goals. This year, World Toilet Day theme was “Sustainable sanitation and climate change”.
20 awardee districts are:
West Godavari and East Godavari (Andhra Pradesh); Siang (Arunachal Pradesh); Kanker and Bemetara (Chhattisgarh); Vadodara and Rajkot (Gujarat); Bhiwana and Rewari (Haryana); Ernakulam and Wayanad (Kerala); Kolhapur and Nashik (Maharashtra); Kolasib and Serchhip (Mioram); Moga and Fatehgarh Sahib (Punjab); Siddipet and Peddapalli (Telangana); and Cooch Behar (West Bengal)
- Indian Navy (IN) participated in the 2nd edition of India, Singapore and Thailand Trilateral Maritime Exercise SITMEX-20, from 21 to 22 November, 2020 in Andaman Sea. The Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) hosted the 2nd edition of SITMEX-20.
It is aimed at enhance mutual inter-operability and imbibing best practices between Indian Navy (IN), Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and Royal Thai Navy (RTN).
The 1st edition of SITMEX in September 2019 was hosted by Indian Navy at Port Blair.
- A joint U.S.-European satellite built to monitor global sea levels is launched into Earth orbit from Central California, on November 21, 2020. A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the satellite was blasted off from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Air Force Base.
Sentinel-6 Michael Freilich is the latest in a series of spacecraft designed to monitor oceans. The satellite will be followed in 2025 by its twin, Sentinel-6B. Together, the pair is tasked with extending our nearly 30-year-long record of global sea surface height measurements.
- High Performance Director of Athletics Federation of India, Volker Herrmann has relinquished the post. His contract was extended by the Sports Ministry till the end of 2024 Olympics but he resigned.
Nitto ATP Finals 2020:
- Nitto ATP Finals annual men’s tennis tournament was held from 15 November to 22 November, 2020 in London.
Men’s singles: Daniil Medvedev from Russia
- Wesley Koolhof from Dutch
- Nikola Mektić from Croatia
- Elephant expert Ajay Desai passed away on 20 November 2020 in Belagavi due to cardiac arrest. He was 63.
- Former Assam chief minister Tarun Gogoi died due to multiple organ failure after COVID-19 complications in Guwahati on November 23, 2020. He was 84.
- The Uttarakhand forest department developed the Moss Garden, claiming that this is the country’s first such garden. The garden is spread over 10 hectares in the Kumaon, Nainital district.
The newly-built Moss Garden has been dedicated to people, on November 20, 2020. The garden was inaugurated by Water Man of India Rajendra Singh.