PM's visit to Gujarat
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Gujarat on 11-12 March, 2022.
» Prime Minister participated in Gujarat Panchayat Mahasammelan.
- Gujarat has three tier Panchayati Raj structure, with 33 district panchayats, 248 taluka panchayats and over 14,500 gram panchayats.
- ‘Gujarat Panchayat Mahasammelan: Aapnu Gaam, Aapnu Gaurav’ witnessed participation of more than 1 lakh representatives from the three ties of the Panchayati Raj institutions in the State.
» Prime Minister dedicated the building of Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) to the nation on 12 March.
- Rashtriya Raksha University (RRU) was set up to meet the need for high quality trained manpower in various wings of policing, criminal justice and correctional administration.
- Government set up a national police university named Rashtriya Raksha University by upgrading the Raksha Shakti University which was established by the Government of Gujarat in 2010.
» Khel Mahakumbh 2022:
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi declared open the 11th Khel Mahakumbh on 12 March 2022 at Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad.
- Over 45 lakh sportspersons have registered for 11th Khel Mahakumbh.
About Khel Mahakumbh:
- Khel Mahakumbh was started in 2010 in Gujarat under the visionary leadership of the then Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi, with 16 sports and 13 lakh participants.
- Khel Mahakumbh today encompasses 36 general sports and 26 para sports.
- Khel Mahakumbh has revolutionized the sports ecosystem in Gujarat.
- With no age bar, it witnesses participation of people from across the State who compete in various events over a period of one month.
- It is a unique confluence of traditional sports like kabaddi, kho-kho, tug of war, yogasana, mallakhambh and modern sports like artistic skating, tennis and fencing.
Saurashtra Maldhari Sammelan
⇒ The Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Shri Parshottam Rupala addressed the Saurashtra Maldhari Sammelan at Upleta in Rajkot district of Gujarat on 12 March 2022. It was organized by Sahjeevan (Centre for Pastoralism).
The theme of the Sammelan was “Fostering Pastoralism in Saurashtra- Conservation and its Sustenance”.
The Sammelan deliberated upon the conservation of threatened breeds of livestock, particularly the Halari breed of Donkey (breeding tract: Jamnagar and Devbhoomi Dwarka districts of Gujarat).
The Sammelan also deliberated upon constituting an advisory committee with participation of stakeholders for collaborative efforts; need for evolving programs and schemes with dedicated infrastructure for breeding and health care; enhancing resilient livelihood strategizes with a focus on the milk economy; optimizing tenurial security of the Halari donkey breeders with access to seasonal grazing and CFR rights.
Shri Parshottam Rupala released a book ‘Pastoral Breeds of India’, compiled by Sahjeevan andan “APEKSHA (Expectations) PATRA” was shared by a group of Maldharis from Saurashtra & Kutch at the event.
India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Challenge
⇒ The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs organized a national level ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Conclave’ on 12 March, 2022 at Stein Auditorium, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- The aim of the conclave was to provide first of its kind networking platform to startups, young innovators, industry partners, incubators and States/cities.
India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Challenge:
» During the conclave, the Union Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs & Petroleum and Natural Gas Shri Hardeep Singh Puri launched the ‘India Water Pitch-Pilot-Scale Start-up Challenge’ under Ministry’s Atal mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) 2.0.
- The challenge aims to encourage start-ups to “Pitch, Pilot-and scale” solutions to address challenges in the urban water sector.
- The Ministry will select 100 start-ups through this challenge, which will be provided Rs.20 lakhs as funding support.
World Consumer Rights Day 2022
⇒ World Consumer Rights Day is observed every year on 15 March as a means of raising global awareness about consumer rights and needs.
» Department of Consumer Affairs organized “Consumer Empowerment Week” from 14th to 20th March 2022 to celebrate and commemorate 75 years of progressive India and the glorious history of its people, culture and achievements as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
The theme for World Consumer Rights Day 2022 was “Fair Digital Finance”.
- World Consumer Rights Day was inspired by President John F Kennedy, who sent a special message to the US Congress on 15th March 1962, in which he formally addressed the issue of consumer rights.
- In 1983, the inaugural World Consumer Rights Day was marked. It has been observed on the 15th of March every year since then.
132nd Foundation Day of National Archives of India
⇒ The National Archives of India celebrated its 132nd Foundation Day on 11 March 2022.
- The National Archives of India is the custodian of the records of enduring value of the Government of India. It was established on 11 March 1891 in Kolkata (Calcutta).
» On the occasion of 132nd Foundation Day of Archives, National Archives of India of Culture Ministry organized an archival exhibition entitled ‘Instruments of Accession & Merger: The Journey of Integration’ under the aegis of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. The exhibition will remain open for public viewing till 10th May 2022.