District Good Governance Index for 20 Districts of UT of Jammu and Kashmir
⇒ Union Home and Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah released the District Good Governance Index for 20 Districts of UT of Jammu and Kashmir on 22 January 2022.
The event was organized jointly by Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), GOI and Jammu & Kashmir Institute of Management, Public Administration & Rural Development in association with the Centre for Good Governance, Hyderabad.
The District Good Governance Index of Jammu and Kashmir was prepared by DARPG in collaboration with Government of Jammu and Kashmir.
» The District Good Governance Index of Government of Jammu and Kashmir represents a major administrative reform in benchmarking good governance at District level and a significant step for timely collation and publication of statistics at State/ District level.
» The District Good Governance Index has helped identify the impact of various governance interventions at district level and provide a futuristic roadmap for improving district level governance with targeted interventions.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) for the year 2022
⇒ The Government of India has conferred the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) for the year 2022 to children for their exceptional achievement.
- This year, 29 children from across the country, under different categories of Bal Shakti Puraskar, have been selected for PMRBP-2022.
Digital certificates were conferred on PMRBP awardees for the year 2022 and 2021 using Blockchain Technology. This technology was used for the first time for giving certificates of awardees.
- The Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar is given as a recognition to children above the age of 5 years and up to 18 years of age (as on 31st August of the respective year) residing in India.
- The Government of India has been conferring the PMRBP award to children for their exceptional achievement in six categories namely Innovation, Social Service, Scholastic, Sports, Art & Culture and Bravery.
- Each awardee is given a medal, a cash prize of Rs.1 Lakh and a certificate.
- These Awards are conferred by Hon’ble President in a ceremony at Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- The Prime Minister also interacts with these awardees every year. This year, the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi interacted with the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) awardees on 24 January, 2022.
- The awardees also take part in the Republic Day parade every year.
384 Gallantry and other Defence decorations
⇒ The President has approved awards of 384 Gallantry and other Defence decorations to Armed Forces personnel and others on the eve of 73rd Republic Day celebrations.
These include- 12 Shaurya Chakras, 29 Param Vishisht Seva Medals, 04 UttamYudhSeva Medals, 53 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals, 13 Yudh Seva Medals, 03 Bar to Vishisht Seva Medals, 122 Vishisht Seva Medals, 03 Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 81 Sena Medals (Gallantry), 02 Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry), 40Sena Medals (Devotion to Duty), 08 Nao Sena Medals (Devotion to Duty), and 14 Vayu Sena Medals (Devotion to Duty).
India's 73rd chess Grandmaster
⇒ 14-year-old Bharath Subramaniyam on 09 January 2022 became India’s 73rd chess Grandmaster, securing the third and final GM norm at an event in Italy.
The Chennai-based player scored 6.5 points from nine rounds along with four others to finish seventh overall in the event held at Cattolica. He obtained his third GM norm and also touched the requisite 2,500 (Elo) mark.
- Subramaniyam had become an International Master at the age of 11 years and 8 months in 2019.
» To become a GM, a player has to secure three GM norms and cross the live rating of 2,500 Elo points.
» Mitrabha Guha had become the country’s 72nd GM in November last, two days after Sankalp Gupta became the 71st GM.
2022 Women's Hockey Asia Cup
⇒ The 2022 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup was held from 21 to 28 January 2022 at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex in Muscat, Oman. This was the 10th edition of the Women’s Hockey Asia Cup.
It was the quadrennial international women’s field hockey championship of Asia organized by the Asian Hockey Federation.
Japan won the 2022 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup after a final win over South Korea. It was Japan’s third title.
» Goalkeeper Savita Punia led India in the Women’s Asia Cup in Muscat.
- India were the defending champions. India won the bronze medal by defeating China in the 2022 Women’s Hockey Asia Cup tournament.
- Indian player Salima Tete was awarded as the Best young player.
National Girl Child Day 2022
⇒ National Girl Child Day is celebrated in India on January 24 every year with an objective to provide support and opportunities to the girls of India.
It aims towards promoting awareness about the rights of the girl child and to increase awareness on the importance of girl education, and their health and nutrition and also to promote the girls position in the society to make their living better among the society.
- National Girl Child Day was first initiated in 2008 by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
» The National Commission for Women (NCW) organized a webinar on ‘Save The Girl Child’ on the National Girl Child Day to promote rights of girl child and to increase awareness on various topics concerning girls including their education, health and nutrition.
» The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), organized a webinar on “Legal Rights of Girl Child” to commemorate “National Girl Child Day”.
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights is a statutory body constituted by the Government of India under section (3) of the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005, working under the aegis of Ministry of Women and Child Development.