- On November 24, 2020, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar virtually inaugurated the Sukhjit Mega Food Park at Phagwara in Kapurthala district of Punjab. This Mega Food Park is spread over 55 acres of land. It is built at project cost of Rs 107.83 crores.
Two day Speakers’ Conference:
- The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the 80th All India Presiding Officers’ Conference, on November 25, 2020. The two-day Conference was held near the ‘Statue of Unity‘ at Kevadiya in Narmada district of Gujarat. It was organized by the Lok Sabha to celebrate the Constitution Day. This event is also known as the two day Speakers’ Conference.
The conference was on the theme of ‘Harmonious Coordination between Legislature, Executive and Judiciary- Key to a Vibrant Democracy’. The conference was aimed to facilitate a dialogue between presiding officers of the Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and other legislative bodies.
Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020:
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) observed Aviation Safety Awareness Week 2020 from 23 November to 27 November, 2020. This week aimed to raise awareness on Aviation Safety. The week-long celebration was observed at all airports and ANS locations managed by AAI across India.
7th Joint Trade Committee Meeting:
- The 7th Joint Trade Committee Meeting between India and Myanmar was held on 24th November 2020 via virtual mode.
The meeting was co-chaired by Myanmar’s Union Minister for Ministry of Commerce, Dr. Thane Myint, and India’s Commerce and Industry Minister, Mr. Piyush Goyal.
During the consultation, the two sides reviewed various bilateral issues ranging from trade, investment, banking, connectivity, capacity building and upgradation of border infrastructure.
The next Joint Trade Committee meeting will be held in India in 2021.
- Manipal Bio Machines (MBM), a synthetic biology research team from Manipal Institute of Technology under Manipal Academy of Higher Education, has won gold medal at the International Genetically Engineered Machine competition (iGEM 2020).
The iGEM 2020 result was announced at iGEM Giant Jamboree, which was hosted virtually from 13 November to 22 November, 2020.
- The sixth edition of the Premier Badminton League has postponed to next year due to corona virus pandemic on November 27, 2020. It was initially scheduled in the last week of December in Delhi, Mumbai and Pune. The SportzLive under the aegis of the Badminton Association of India (BAI) has the rights to operate and execute the Premier Badminton League (PBL).
- Australian-American lawyer, economist, & former World Bank President, James David Wolfenson died on November 25, 2020 in Manhattan. He was 86 years old. He was the 9th President of the World Bank Group for 10 years from June 1, 1995 to May 31, 2005.
- Former Sudanese Prime Minister Sadiq al-Mahdi has died due to coronavirus infection on November 26, 2020. He was 84 years old.
- Kannada Sahitya Parishat has decided the 86th Akhila Bharat Kannada Sahitya Sammelana will be held from February 26 to February 28, 2021 in Haveri. Haveri district will be the host of Kannada Sahitya Sammelana for the first time.