- Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, Edappadi K Palaniswami launched a mobile app called Thee (Fire) on November 24, 2020. It has been developed by the State Fire and Rescue Services Department.
This will be used to help the public approach the department during fire accidents, floods, & other mishaps in Tamil Nadu.
National Pharmacy Week 2020:
- The Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA) organizes the National Pharmacy Week during the third week of November every year.
This year, 59th National Pharmacy Week (NPW) was celebrated all over India from November 16 to November 22, 2020. The theme of the NPW-2020 is “Pharmacists: Frontline Health Professionals”.
The purpose of NPW is to make all stakeholders to become aware about the presence of pharmacists & to know the role played by registered pharmacists with their expertise on medicines, their usage, handling and dispensing.
- Prime Minister of India launched the “Rural Housing Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana – Gramin” (PMAY-G) on 20 November 2016 at Agra, UP. It aims to provide “Housing for All” by 2022. To commemorate the launch of PMAY-G, it was decided to celebrate 20 November every year as “Awaas Diwas”.
This year, Awaas Diwas was celebrated on 20 November 2020 and Awaas Week / Saptah was observed from November 16 to November 22, 2020.
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved the Scheme of Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited (LVB) with DBS Bank India Limited (DBIL), on November 25, 2020. DBIL is a banking company licenced by RBI, which is headquartered in Singapore.
- The Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS) has been accepted as a component of the World Wide Radio Navigation System (WWRNS) for operation in the Indian Ocean Region by the International Maritime Organization (IMO). IMO issued a circular on November 11, 2020.
IRNSS is an independent regional navigation satellite system developed by India. It is designed to provide accurate position information service to assist in the navigation of ships in Indian Ocean waters.
15th East Asia Summit 2020:
- 15th East Asia Summit (EAS) was held on 14 November 2020. External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar represented India.
The summit was chaired by the Prime Minister of Vietnam Nguyen Xuan Phuc, in his capacity as ASEAN Chair. In this virtual summit all the eighteen EAS countries were participated.
The ‘East Asia summit’ provides a platform for discussion on important strategic issues in the Indo-Pacific region.
In the Summit, all EAS countries discussed ways to strengthen the EAS platform and to make it more responsive to emerging challenges. Ha Noi Declaration was adopted in the summit.
Besides Ha Noi Declaration, the Summit also adopted four other Leaders’ Statements on Marine Sustainability; Epidemics Prevention and Response; Women, Peace and Security; and Steady Growth of Regional Economy.
- Search engine giant Google has launched a experimental artificial intelligence (AI) powered tool “verse by verse“, to compose poem in the style of famous classic American poets.
- All India Muslim Personal Law Board vice president Maulana Kalbe Sadiq died in Lucknow on November 24, 2020. He was 83.