25th Energy Technology Meet
⇒ Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri addressed the 25th Energy Technology Meet, in Mumbai on 15 September 2022.
Addressing the gathering, Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Hardeep Singh Puri said that despite the unique challenges posed by the current global setting, India is wedded to the concept of net zero. India is committed to making a transition from the world of hydrocarbons to a world where green and sustainable energy will be determining our energy needs.
The 25th Energy Technology Meet was organized by Centre for High Technology (CHT), under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas (MoP&NG), Government of India, in association with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
Under the theme of “Refining in the new Energy era”, the 25th Energy Technology Meet focused on the changing energy landscape in the country.
- The event held from 15th to 17th September this year, provided a platform for exposition of recent advances and technological developments that are of direct relevance to the Energy sector.
- Formerly known as the Refining and Petrochemicals Technology Meet, the Annual Energy Technology meet witnessed global participation with over 1000 delegates from India and abroad.
- The 25th Energy Technology Meet witnessed a total of 82 oral papers including 43 by foreign companies and 24 speakers from abroad, spread over 15 Technical Sessions.
- Additionally, 16 Exhibition Stalls were also put up by leading Oil Companies, technology / service providers showcasing their technology, product and services.
Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme
⇒ Union Minister for Education and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship Shri Dharmendra Pradhan launched Ramakrishna Mission’s ‘Awakening’ Programme for students of classes I to V.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Pradhan said that the NEP 2020 is deeply inspired by the philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
- Ramakrishna Mission has a legacy of imparting applied education.
- At a time when we are implementing NEP 2020, it must also lay emphasis on creating such value-based educational programmes for 9th to 12th in addition to creating programmes for classes I to VIII.
- This unique initiative is a step towards ensuring holistic personality development of a child aligned with the philosophy of NEP 2020.
- The Minister called upon CBSE to institute an advisory framework for encouraging value-based education in all schools from Balvatika to Class XII for creating a talent pool ready for the challenges of life and committed to national progress and global welfare.
International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit (IDF WDS) 2022
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated International Dairy Federation World Dairy Summit (IDF WDS) 2022, organised at India Expo Centre & Mart, Greater Noida, on 12th September, 2022.
- The four-day long IDF WDS 2022 was held from 12th to 15th September 2022.
- The last such Summit was held in India about half a century ago in 1974.
IDF WDS was a congregation of global and Indian dairy stakeholders including industry leaders, experts, farmers and policy planners centring around the theme of ‘Dairy for Nutrition and Livelihood’.
- Around 1500 participants from 50 countries participated in IDF WDS 2022.
Union Home and Cooperation Minister Shri Amit Shah addressed the World Dairy Summit-2022 in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh on 12 September on the subject ‘Relevance of Cooperative Institutions for Dairy Sector’.
- The Union Cooperation Minister said that under the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, India has become the 5th largest economy in the world, improving from the 11th largest economy in the last 8 years and the government is confident that soon India will be the third largest economy, in which the cooperative sector will play a very big role.
- The Indian dairy industry is unique in the sense that it is based on a cooperative model that empowers small and marginal dairy farmers, especially women.
- Driven by the vision of the Prime Minister, the government has taken multiple steps for the betterment of the dairy sector resulting in an increase of milk production by more than 44% in the last eight years.
- The success story of the Indian dairy industry, accounting for about 23% of global milk, producing around 210 million tonnes annually, and empowering more than 8 crore dairy farmers, was showcased at the IDF WDS 2022.
- The summit also helped Indian dairy farmers to gain exposure about the global best practices.
President of Angola
⇒ President Joao Manuel Goncalves Lourenco was re-elected as the President of Angola. President Lourenco is a member of the People’s Movement for the Liberation of Angola (MPLA).
The National Electoral Commission (CNE) reported the People’s Movement for the Liberation of Angola won 51.17 percent of the ballots against 43.95 percent for the main challenger, the National Union for the Total Independence of Angola (UNITA).
INS Tarkash undertook Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships
⇒ Reinforcing Indian Navy’s commitment to maritime security, INS Tarkash is currently mission deployed in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG) for anti-piracy operations.
As part of the deployment, the ship undertook Joint Maritime Exercise with Nigerian Navy Patrol Ships NNS Kano, Osun, Sokoto and Nguru from 12 to 13 September 2022.
- The exercise provided an opportunity for reinforcing inter-operability between the Indian and Nigerian navies in various facets of maritime operations like Anti-Piracy operations, Assistance to vessel in distress, SAR drills as also anti-air and anti-surface operations.
- It also helped enhance skills for maritime interdiction and counter piracy operations.
- The exercise marks the first joint operational deployment by India and Nigeria, in support of Anti-piracy operations, in the Gulf of Guinea (GoG).