First ‘One District, One Product’ ‘Dilli Bakes’
⇒ The Ministry of Food Processing Industries, in association with the National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation of India (NAFED) launched the first ‘One District, One Product’ ‘Dilli Bakes’.
- The product was launched in the bakery products category of the Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises Scheme at Panchsheel Bhawan, New Delhi on 29 October 2021.
- The brand and the product have been exclusively developed under the ODOP concept for the bakery which is one of the ODOPs for Delhi.
- This is the first product launched under the Dilli Bakes brand and will be followed by launch of more products.
- Under the PMFME Scheme, the Ministry of Food Processing industries had signed an MoU with NAFED for developing ten brands of the selected ODOPs under the branding & marketing component of the scheme.
» Pradhan Mantri Formalisation of Micro food processing Enterprises (PMFME) Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme.
» PMFME Scheme aims to enhance the competitiveness of existing individual micro-enterprises in the unorganized segment of the food processing industry and to promote formalization of the sector and provide support to Farmer Producer Organizations, Self Help Groups, and Producers Cooperatives along their entire value chain.
» With an outlay of Rs 10000 crore over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25:
- The scheme envisions to directly assist the 200000 micro food processing units for providing financial, technical, and business support for upgradation of existing micro food processing enterprises.
"Dairy Sahakar" scheme
⇒ Shri Amit Shah, Union Minister of Home Affairs and Cooporation launched the “Dairy Sahakar” scheme at Anand, Gujarat 31 October 2021, during the function organised by Amul for celebration of 75th Foundation Year of Amul.
The Dairy Sahakar with a total investment of Rs 5000 crore will be implemented by NCDC under Ministry of Cooperation, Government of India to realize the vision, “from cooperation to prosperity”.
Under Dairy Sahakar, financial support will be extended by NCDC to eligible cooperatives for activities such as bovine development, milk procurement, processing, quality assurance, etc within the overall objectives of “Doubling the farmers income” and “Atmanirbhar Bharat.
Rythu Nestham Awards
⇒ The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu visited an agricultural exhibition organised by Swarna Bharat Trust in Vijayawada on 30 October 2021.
The Vice President Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu presented the Rythu Nestham Awards at the function.
The Vice President presented awards to farmers, extension officials and journalists for their contribution to the field of agriculture at a function organised by Muppavarapu Foundation and Rythu Nestham at Swarna Bharath Trust.
Italy-India Strategic Partnership in Energy Transition
⇒ Mr Mario Draghi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic and Mr Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, had a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the G20 Leaders’ Summit hosted by Italy in Rome on October 30-31, 2021.
The two Leaders acknowledged significant progress in bilateral relations since the adoption of the Action Plan for an enhanced Partnership between India and Italy (2020–2024) on November 6th, 2020.
In order to promote their partnership in energy transition, Italy and India will:
- Task the “Joint Working Group” established by the Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the field of Energy, signed in Delhi on October 30, 2017, to explore cooperation in areas such as: Smart Cities; mobility; smart-grids, electricity distribution and storage solutions, etc.
- Initiate a dialogue to support the development and deployment of green hydrogen and related technologies in India.
- Consider working together to support a large size green corridor project in India to capitalize on India’s target to produce and integrate 450 GW of renewable energy by 2030.
- Encourage Italian and Indian companies to develop joint projects in natural gas sector, technological innovation for decarbonisation, Smart Cities and other specific domains.
- Encourage joint investments of Indian and Italian companies in energy transition-related fields.
- Share useful information and experiences especially in the field of policy and regulatory framework.
2021 Ballon d'Or
⇒ The 2021 Ballon d’Or was the 65th annual ceremony of the Ballon d’Or. It is awarded by France Football magazine.
- Lionel Messi won the Men’s Ballon d’Or for a record seventh time.
List of all winners during the 2021 Ballon d’Or awards ceremony:
Men’s Ballon d’Or 2021: PSG’s Lionel Messi
Women’s Ballon d’Or 2021: Barcelona’s Alexia Putellas
Kopa trophy (best player under 21): Barcelona’s Pedri
Best Striker of the Year award: Robert Lewandoski
Yachine Trophy 2021: PSG’s Gianluigi Donnarumma
Club of the Year award: Chelsea
- The Ballon d’Or has been given out to men every year since 1956 when Stanley Matthews won.
- The Ballon d’Or Féminin, also known as the Women’s Ballon d’Or, honours the best female association football player. It was first awarded in 2018.
Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
⇒ In India, Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day is celebrated every year since 2014 on 31 October.
This day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the Iron Man of India.
About Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel:
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel was born on 31 October 1875 in Nadiad, Gujarat. This year marks the 146th anniversary of the great leader.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel played an important role in India’s freedom struggle and later during the unification of the country.