Two important health initiatives were inaugurated/dedicated to the nation
⇒ The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi visited Haryana and Punjab on 24th August, 2022.
Two important health initiatives were inaugurated/dedicated to the nation by the Prime Minister on this day.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurate Amrita Hospital at Faridabad, Haryana. Thereafter, Prime Minister traveled to Mohali and dedicated ‘Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre’ to the Nation, at Mullanpur, New Chandigarh, Sahibzada Ajit Singh Nagar District, Mohali.
Amrita Hospital at Faridabad:
- Managed by Mata Amritanandamayi Math, the super-specialty hospital will be equipped with 2600 beds.
- The hospital, which is being constructed at an estimated cost of around Rs 6000 crores, will provide state-of-the-art healthcare facilities to the people of Faridabad and the entire NCR region.
Homi Bhabha Cancer Hospital & Research Centre:
- The Hospital has been built at a cost of over Rs 660 Crore by Tata Memorial Centre, an aided institute under Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- The cancer Hospital is a tertiary care hospital of 300 bed capacity and is equipped with modern facilities to treat all types of cancers using every available treatment modalities like Surgery, Radiotherapy and Medical oncology – Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and Bone marrow transplant.
- The Hospital will function like a ‘hub’ of cancer care and treatment in the region, with the 100 bedded hospital in Sangrur functioning like its ‘spoke’.
⇒ Namaste is a Central Sector Scheme of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MoSJE) as a joint initiative of the MoSJE and the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- The ‘NAMASTE’ (National Action for Mechanized Sanitation Ecosystem) Scheme has been launched to provide impetus to the ongoing efforts towards mechanization and safety of workers.
- The Scheme has been approved with an outlay of Rs. 360 crore for four years from 2022-23 to 2025-26.
MoU between Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and National Health Authority
⇒ Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment had signed a Memorandum of Understanding with National Health Authority for providing a Comprehensive Medical Package to Transgender Persons under Ayushman Bharat-PMJAY on 24 August 2022 at Dr Ambedkar International Centre, New Delhi.
The MoU was signed by Dr R S Sharma, CEO, National Health Authority and Shri R Subramanyam, Secretary DoSJE in presence of Dr. Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare and Dr Virendra Kumar, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Dr. Mandaviya said that MoU between National Health Authority and the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment will extend all healthcare benefits to transgender persons (holding a transgender certificate issued by the National Portal for transgender persons) across the country.
This joint initiative of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and the Ministry of Social Welfare and Empowerment is first of its kind in the Country. It will not only give a new direction to our society, but will also provide Transgender Persons rightful and respectable place in the society.
The beneficiary should be a Transgender person as notified by Government of India holding a Transgender Certificate and Identity Card issued by the National Portal for Transgender Persons. The scheme would cover all Transgender persons not receiving such benefits from other centre/state sponsored schemes.
Being the nodal Ministry for matters related to Transgender Persons, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has taken several steps for welfare of Transgender Persons.
» Ministry enacted “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019” to bring Transgender Person into the mainstream of the society.
» Ministry recently launched ‘SMILE’ scheme which includes several comprehensive measures for Transgender Community.
- One of these components is Composite Medical Health which provides a Comprehensive Medical Package to Transgender Persons in convergence with Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- Under this initiative, each Transgender Person shall receive a medical cover of Rs 5 Lakh per year and cost would be fully funded by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment under Support for Marginalised Individuals for Livelihood and Enterprise (SMILE) scheme.
Refurbished vessel 'P S Bhopal'
⇒ SMP Kolkata inaugurated the refurbished vessel ‘P S Bhopal’, the first of its kind in the Indian subcontinent.
- The renovation cost has been pegged at around Rs 6 crore.
- Around 100 tourists will be accommodated for each trip.
- The ship has a dining space, an auditorium and a museum.
- A special gallery will showcase port-related artefacts.
A Paddle Steamer built in 1944 in UK’s Dumbarton Shipyard, named ‘P S Bhopal’ was being used as a training vessel by Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port, Kolkata (erstwhile Kolkata Port Trust) at No.22 KPD. The length of ‘P S Bhopal’ is about 63m and breadth of 9.2m.
» With the completion of the lease agreement with the Training Institute in the year 2019, SMP Kolkata wanted to refurbish this vessel which has a heritage value and open it to Public.
- Accordingly, SMP Kolkata went for a long-term lease of the vessel which was at that point of time in a dilapidated condition and did not have its own propulsion.
- Long term lease was selected through open tendering with the condition that the vessel will remain a property of SMP Kolkata throughout the period of the lease.
- As per the lease condition, ‘P S Bhopal’ will remain in the river moored adjacent to the shore or jetty and will be self-propelled with its own power.
India-Mauritius 3rd Joint Committee Meeting
⇒ The 3rd Joint Committee Meeting (JCM) between Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) and Ministry of Business, Enterprises and Cooperatives of Republic of Mauritius for cooperation in the field of MSMEs was held in New Delhi.
Indian side was led by Shri Narayan Rane, Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), Government of India, and Mauritius side was led by Shri Soomilduth Bholah, Union Minister of Industrial Development, SMEs and Cooperatives.
» Both sides reviewed the present engagement between India and Mauritius in the field of MSMEs.
» In the JCM, discussions were held on potential areas of cooperation in various areas including- exchange of best practices and experiences in development of MSME sector; holding of physical/virtual exhibitions/fairs; technological cooperation; encouraging B2B collaboration/tie ups through B2B meets; entrepreneurship development & training programs; collaboration in various sectors such as aromatherapy, food processing and eco friendly businesses.
During the Mauritius delegation’s visit two Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation have also been signed:
- MoU between SME Mauritius Ltd. and Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII)- Ahmedabad on 23rd August, 2022 in Ahmedabad
- MoU between SME Mauritius Ltd and National Institute for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (Ni-msme), an institute under the Ministry of MSME on 24th August, 2022 in New Delhi