Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination, 2020
Dates for submission of online applications: 06-11-2020 to 15-12-2020
Last date and time for receipt of online application: 15-12-2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for making online fee payment: 17-12-2020 (23:30)
Last date and time for generation of offline Challan: 19-12-2020 (23:30)
Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank): 21-12-2020
Schedule of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 12-04-2021 to 27-04-2021
Date of Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper): To be notified later
Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in->Candidate’s Corner- > Tentative Vacancy).
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 01-01-2021): (As Per Advertisement)
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO Grade ‘A’) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
- As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10-06-2015 published in Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas /certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grant Commission Act, 1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of employment to posts and services under the Central Government
provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau, University Grants Commission. Accordingly, unless such degrees are recognized for the relevant period when the candidates acquired the qualification, they will not be accepted for the purpose of Educational Qualification.
- As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23-06-2017, under Part-III (8) (v), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc. are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode. However, pursuant to the Hon’ble Supreme Court Order dated 11-03-2019 in MA No. 3092/2018 in W.P. (C) No. 382/2018 titled Mukul Kumar Sharma & others Vs AICTE and others, B. Tech. degree/ diploma in Engineering awarded by IGNOU to the students who were enrolled up to academic year 2009-10 shall be treated as valid, wherever applicable.
- Candidates who have not yet acquired but will acquire the educational qualification and produce documentary evidence from the Board/University in support thereof as on 01-01-2021 will also be eligible.
- All candidates who are declared qualified for the Document Verification will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets, Provisional Certificates etc. for completion of Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/ 10+2/ Senior Secondary in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification on or before 01-01-2021, failing which the candidature of such
candidates will be cancelled by the Commission. The candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the educational qualification. It is reiterated that the result of required educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ University by the specified date. Mere processing of the result by the Board/ University by the crucial cut-off date does not fulfill the EQ requirement.
- In case of the candidates possessing equivalent educational qualification, such candidates shall also produce relevant Equivalence Certificate from the concerned authorities at the time of Document Verification. However, final decision regarding selection of such candidates will be taken by the concerned User Departments/Appointing Authorities.