- Indian Army Chief General M M Naravane was conferred the honorary rank of General of the Nepali Army by President Bidya Devi Bhandari at a special ceremony, on 05 November 2020. He was also presented a sword and scroll during the function.
He is currently in Kathmandu on a three-day visit. His visit is aimed to exchange views on issues of bilateral interests and discuss measures to further strengthen the existing bond of friendship and cooperation between the two armies.
- General Robert Kibochi, Chief of Defence Forces of Kenya is visiting India from 02 Nov to 06 Nov 2020 on the invitation by the Ministry of Defence. He will depart on Nov 7.
The General Officer will also be visiting Agra, Mhow and Bengaluru during his visit. The visit will cement the already strong bilateral ties between the two countries and the two Armed Forces.
- The 24th edition of the MALABAR naval exercise is scheduled in two phases in November 2020.
Phase 1 of the naval Exercise MALABAR 20 involving participation by Indian Navy, United States Navy, Japan Maritime Self Defence Force, and Royal Australian Navy has been commenced off Visakhapatnam in Bay of Bengal, from 03 to 06 November 2020.
Phase 2 of MALABAR 20 is scheduled to be conducted in the Arabian Sea in mid-November 2020.
- The 28th edition of the annual Hyderabad Software Enterprises Association (HYSEA) Summit – “Hysea Innovation Summit 2020” has been held in a hybrid manner on 05 November, 2020.
The summit’s first half part has held virtually which include conference and expo, while the second half is physical, which is the awards function held at HICC, Novotel.
The theme for this year’s event was “Surge Ahead: Win the New Normal”.
Annual Industry Awards categories for Product Development include:
- Enterprise Start-up
- Consumer Start-Up
- Established Products
- Products with Social Impact
- Covid related products
- Women-led products
- Indian-American Congresswoman Pramila Jayapal from the Democratic Party has been re-elected for the US House of Representatives for the third consecutive term from Seventh Congressional District of Washington State.
- Republican Party, Niraj Antani becoming the first Indian-American to be elected to the Ohio state Senate. He defeated Mark Fogel of the Democratic Party and was elected as the state Senator for the Ohio Senate’s 6th District.
- On 03 November 2020, Qatar Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani said, the Gulf Emirates’ first national election will be held in October 2021.
- WhatsApp is going introduce a new “disappearing messages option” this month. Using this feature, WhatsApp user can enable the option to disappearing messages on chat conversations between friends, to automatically delete messages after seven days.
- Pidilite Industries said it has completed acquisition of the US-based Huntsman Group’s Indian subsidiary for Rs 2,100 crore.
The company has completed the acquisition of 100 per cent stake in Huntsman Advanced Materials Solutions Private Ltd (HAMSPL), on November 3, 2020. As such, HAMSPL is now a subsidiary of the company.
- Deputy Chief Minister D. Krishnadas, accompanied by Agriculture Minister Kurasala Kannababu and BC Welfare Minister Ch. Venu Gopala Krishna on 03 November 2020 inaugurated the Kakinada Boat Building Yard. It was built under the Kakinada Smart City Mission at Yetimoga in the city.