The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MOCA) and Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) jointly organized the WINGS INDIA 2022 – Asia’s largest event on Civil Aviation (Commercial, General and Business Aviation).
‘WINGS INDIA 2022’ was held from 24th to 27th March 2022 at Begumpet Airport, Hyderabad, India.
- The theme of the event was “India@75: New Horizon for Aviation Industry”.
» It provides a congenial forum catering to the rapidly changing dynamics of the sector. It was focused on new business acquisition, investments, policy formation and regional connectivity.
Shri Jyotiraditya M Scindia, Minister of Civil Aviation formally inaugurated Wings India 2022 at Begumpet Airport on 25th March, 2022.
» An MoU between Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) and Pawan Hans Limited (PHL) was signed on the occasion.
» The Minister also launched Small Aircraft Sub-Scheme.
- Its primary objective is to facilitate and stimulate regional air connectivity by creating a growth-oriented framework with a specific focus on operations through small aircrafts (including seaplanes).
- The Scheme intends to facilitate creation of an ecosystem for small aircraft operations in the country by providing the framework necessary for bringing together relevant stakeholders such as States, airlines, airport operators and policy makers to collaborate towards the success of this initiative.
» In a major boost to Government’s “Make in India” Initiative, Airports Authority of India (AAI), under its R & D initiative, has entered into an agreement with Navratna Defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) at Wings India 2022 in Hyderabad.
- Under this Agreement, BEL and AAI will jointly develop Civil Air Traffic Management System (ATMS) with Advanced-Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (ASMGCS). It is a complex ground surveillance system that manages air traffic at airports and in Indian Civil Airspace for safe operation of flights from take-off to landing.
» CSIR-National Aerospace Laboratories, Bangalore (CSIR-NAL) participated in Wings India 2022 and showcased its indigenous initiatives of civil aircrafts for flying training & commuter air connectivity.
- CSIR-NAL’s Multi-copter drones, HANSA-NG and SARASMK2 aircrafts were the major attractions at the aviation show.
» The HANSA–NG Aircraft is designed and developed by CSIR-NAL.
- HANSA-NG is one of the most advanced two seat flying trainer aircraft powered by Rotax Digital Control Engine with unique features like Just-In-Time Prepreg Composite lightweight Airframe, Glass Cockpit, Bubble Canopy with wide panoramic view, electrically operated flaps, etc.
- HANSA NG is capable offlying upto an altitude of 10000ft with max speed of 200 kmph with more than 5hrs endurance.
- The components of the event included Exhibition, Conference, Chalets, CEOs Forum, Static Display, Media Conferences and Awards.
- Panel discussions were held on ‘The Outlook: Aviation Financing and Leasing’, ‘Air Cargo, Resilient in Paradigm Shift: A Perfect Illustration’, and ‘Making India a Global Drone Hub by 2030: Issues & Way Forward’.
- The exhibitors taking part in the exhibition included Aircraft & Helicopter Manufacturers, Aircraft Interiors, Aircraft Machinery & Equipment Companies, Airport Infrastructure Companies, Drones, Skill Development, Space Industry, Airlines, Airline Services & Cargo.
- More than 125 international & domestic exhibitors participated in the event, along with 11 hospitality chalets.
- The “Wings India Awards” are conferred upon the Aviation-related Companies/Institutions/ Organizations that have created benchmarks and made notable contributions in the area of Civil Aviation in India.
Important winners of Wings India Awards 2022:
Aviation Innovation Award: Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL); Spicejet, HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd); Stelace Technology
COVID Champions Award: Cochin Airport and Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL)
Best Airport in General Category:
- More than 25 million category: Bengaluru International Airport
- Less than 25 million category: GMR Hyderabad International Airport (HIAL)
Aviation Sustainability & Environment Award: Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (Mumbai Airport) and in Airline Category TATA SIA Airlines Ltd (Vistara) and in Manufacturing, Airbus
Best Domestic Airline: Vistara (This is the second time in a row that the airline has bagged the Best Domestic Airline award.)
Covid-19 Continuity Award: Air India Express and Air Works
» The states of Kerala, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka have been named the Most Dynamic States in Aviation.