2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation were released by UNESCO Bangkok on 16 December 2020.
This year India has won four UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation.
The Delhi’s Heritage Park, Sunder Nursery won two Awards in 2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards.
2020 UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation:
Award of Excellence:
- Sunder Nursery, for their successful efforts towards ecological and heritage restoration
Special Recognition for Sustainable Development Award:
Special Recognition for Sustainable Development is the newly introduced award.
- Sunder Nursery, for its transformative impact in turning a barren site into an urban oasis in the heart of New Delhi
- Lai Chi Wo Rural Cultural Landscape of Hong Kong SAR, China, for its “pioneering approach to reviving a once-abandoned rural cultural landscape
Award of Distinction:
- Koothambalam at Guruvayoor Temple, Thrissur, Kerala, India, for their efforts to revitalize the link of architectural heritage with its artistic traditions
Award of Merit:
- Amar Singh College, Srinagar, India, for their attempts to bring back the building to its former glory
- Malabari Hall Building, Seva Sadan Society, Mumbai, India, for their use of community in the restoration of its historic compound
- Pingyao Diesel Engine Factory, Shanxi, China
New Design in Heritage Contexts:
- Protective Shelter at the Locality 1 Archaeological Site of Zhoukoudian Peking Man Cave World Heritage Site, Beijing, China