- Laser Guided Anti Tank Guided Missile (ATGM) was successfully test fired from MBT Arjun Tank at KK Ranges, Armoured Corps Centre and School (ACC&S) Ahmednagar, on 22nd September, 2020.
- Union Department of Justice has released its first booklet “Tele-Law – Reaching the Unreached, “Voices of the beneficiaries”.
Booklet is a captivating readable collection of the real life stories of the beneficiaries and assistance received under the Tele-Law programme to resolve disputes that affects their day to day to living.
Tele-law programme enables legal advice to more than 3 Lakh beneficiaries in remote areas across 260 districts including 115 Aspirational Districts of 29 States and UTs.
- The Department of Biotechnology, Government of India has initiated the First phase of the “Training program to strengthen clinical trial research capacity for neighbouring countries” in partnership with Union Ministry of External Affairs on 22nd Sep 2020.
The objective of these trainings would be to support researchers and investigator teams for enhancing and strengthening their clinical trial capabilities for conducting clinical trials in compliance with ICH-GCP (International Conference on Harmonisation – Good clinical practice).
- The Ministry of AYUSH & with Rajagiri College of Social Sciences and Rajagiri Business School, Kochi is organizing a novel e-marathon from 28th September 2020 to 10th October 2020. The event incorporates entire wellness campaign with yoga, meditation, webinars and entertainment. The conclusion of the event will coincide with the “Vihara” focus of the “Ayush for Immunity” campaign.
It is a part of the Ministry’s three-month campaign called “Ayush for Immunity”, focusing on desirable health-promotive and disease preventive steps. This event aims to enhance the social nearness of people while observing physical distance.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology and NITI Aayog will organize a Mega Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020- “Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020” from 5 Oct to 9 Oct, 2020.
RAISE 2020 will be a global meeting to exchange ideas and chart a course for using AI for social transformation, inclusion and empowerment in areas like Healthcare, Agriculture, Education and Smart Mobility, among other sectors.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi shall inaugurate the all-weather Atal Tunnel at Rohtang in Himachal Pradesh on 03 October, 2020. Atal Tunnel is the longest highway tunnel in the world, and the 9.02 km long tunnel connects Manali to Lahaul-Spiti valley. It will reduces the distance between Manali and Leh by 46 km and the travel time by four to five hours.
- Dr Rambabu Chegondi, Senior Scientist, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (CSIR-IICT), Hyderabad was awarded the prestigious Dr A V Rama Rao Young Scientist Award-2019 for his significant research contributions in the area of organic chemistry. The award is sponsored every year by AVRA Foundation, AVRA Laboratories, Hyderabad.
- World Blood Donor Day was observed around the world on 14th June 2020. The theme of World Blood Donor Day 2020 was “Safe Blood Saves Lives”.
- International Sign Languages Day was celebrated on 23rd September globally. The theme of this year was “Sign languages are for everyone” with a view to enhancing awareness about Sign language and expanding its reach to everyone.
- Hindu Munnani founder and veteran RSS pracharak Rama Gopalan died because of Covid-19 in Chennai on 30th September, 2020. He was 94. He was also called “Veera Thuravi” by his followers.