First All India District Legal Services Authorities Meet
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of First All India District Legal Services Authorities Meet at Vigyan Bhawan on 30th July 2022.
The first ever national level meet of District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs) was organised from 30-31 July 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan by National Legal Services Authority (NALSA).
Chief Justice of India Justice N V Ramana, Supreme Court Judges Justice UU Lalit, Justice D Y Chandrachud, Union Minister, Shri Kiren Rijiju, Shri S. P. Singh Baghel, Other Supreme Court Judges, Chief Justices of High Courts, Executive Chairpersons of the State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs) and Chairpersons of the District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs) were present on the occasion.
The meet deliberated on creation of an integrated procedure in order to bring homogeneity and synchronisation across DLSAs.
- There are a total 676 District Legal Services Authorities (DLSAs) in the country. They are headed by the District Judge who acts as Chairman of the authority.
- Through DLSAs and State Legal Services Authorities (SLSAs), various legal aid and awareness programmes are implemented by NALSA.
- The DLSAs also contribute towards reducing the burden on courts by regulating the Lok Adalats conducted by NALSA.
'8 Years of MyGov' Event
⇒ Taking forward PM Narendra Modi’s vision of Jan Bhagidari, Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw, Minister of Electronics and IT kicked off a daylong event to celebrate “8 Years of MyGov” in New Delhi on July 30, 2022.
Responsible AI for Youth 2022:
» The Union Minister Shri Ashwini Vaishnaw also launched ‘Responsible AI for Youth 2022′.
- Responsible AI for Youth was created by the National E-Governance Division, Ministry of Electronics & IT in collaboration with Intel India and the support of the Ministry of Education.
- The Program will be open to all school students studying in classes 8-12 across India to foster a deeper understanding of AI-tech and encourage youngsters to become human-centric designers.
- MyGov (mygov.in), the Government of India’s citizen engagement platform, was launched on 26th July 2014 by Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi and has been built on the three pillars of ‘Do’, ‘Discuss’ and ‘Disseminate’.
- Since then, MyGov has evolved as the one stop destination for citizens to contribute their unique skills towards nation-building.
- At the same time, MyGov has played a pivotal role in bridging the communication gap through seamless dissemination of information in various creative formats and mediums such as videos, infographics, podcasts, interactive dashboards etc.
- With over 2.5 crore registered citizens, MyGov has effectively blended creativity and latest technology through various offerings such as discussions, innovation challenges, quizzes, creative contests, pledges and polls.
- Some of the most prominent logos of the Government of India including Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Digital India, PM Jan Dhan Yojana and Swachh Bharat have been created by MyGov Saathis through various contests on the platform.
- Some of the most notable campaigns steered by MyGov in the last year include Seva Samarpan (20 years of Good Governance), Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, Sabka Vikas Maha Quiz and Agniveer.
National award of excellence in the field of atmospheric science and technology 2022
⇒ Founder director of the Advanced Centre for Atmospheric Radar Research (ACARR) at the Cochin University of Science and Technology (Cusat), K Mohankumar has been selected for the national award of excellence in the field of atmospheric science and technology for 2022.
The award is instituted by the ministry of earth sciences (MoES) as part of the National Earth System Science Awards that recognizes major scientific contributions by scientists, academicians and engineers.
About K Mohankumar:
- His contributions to understanding of the climate dynamics led to the setting up of the state-of-art, indigenously developed Stratosphere Troposphere Radar, the world’s first wind profiler radar in 200 MHz range at Cusat. This is the only one of its kind on the west coast of India.
- He is the first Indian scientist in atmospheric science whose internationally recognized book on Stratosphere-Troposphere Interactions has been published in three foreign languages (English, Russian and Chinese).
President of Sri Lanka
⇒ Ranil Wickremesinghe has been sworn in as the President of Sri Lanka on 21st July 2022.
Wickremesinghe, 73, was sworn in as the 8th Executive President of Sri Lanka at the Parliament complex before Chief Justice Jayantha Jayasuriya.
- He secured 134 votes in the 225-member House while his nearest rival and dissident ruling party leader Dullas Alahapperuma got 82.
He has been the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka on six occasions. He was first appointed PM from 1993 – 1994 after the assassination of President Ranasinghe Premadasa. He is the Leader of the United National Party (UNP), Sri Lanka’s oldest political party, founded in 1946.
First woman from Pakistan and Iran to climb K2 mountain
⇒ A Pakistani mountaineer and another from Iran scripted history on 22 July 2022 by becoming the first women from their countries to scale the summit of the mighty and treacherous K2, the second-highest mountain peak in the world.
These are the two women who have successfully reached the summit of K2:
» Samina Baig, a 32-year-old mountaineer from a remote northern village in Pakistan, hoisted her country’s flag atop the peak of the 28,250-foot-high K2 Mountain.
- In 2013, she was the first Pakistani woman to scale the world’s highest peak, Mount Everest.
» Afsaneh Hesamifard became the first Iranian women to climb K2.
- Ms. Hesamifard became only the third woman to reach the top of Mount Everest in May this year.
- K2, the second-highest mountain on the planet after Mount Everest (standing at 8,849 metres), is considered one of the most dangerous summits for mountaineering enthusiasts across the globe. K2 is on the Chinese-Pakistani border in the Karakorum Range.
- K2 is the coldest and windiest of climbs. Known as the ‘Savage Mountain’ as winds on its peak roar at more than 200 kilometres per hour and temperatures drop to minus 60°C.
2022 French Grand Prix Formula 1 Race
⇒ The 2022 French Grand Prix Formula 1 Race took place over, 53 laps of the 5.842-kilometre Circuit Paul Ricard in Le Castellet on July 24 2022.
Red Bull Racing RBPT Driver, Max Verstappen won 2022 French Grand Prix (FORMULA 1 LENOVO GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2022).