India’s nomination for consideration as World Heritage for the year 2022-2023
⇒ The Hoysala Temples of Belur, Halebid and Somnathapura in Karnataka have been finalised as India’s nomination for consideration as World Heritage for the year 2022-2023.
- The ‘Sacred Ensembles of the Hoysala’ are on UNESCO’s Tentative list since 15th April, 2014.
- The sacred ensembles of the Hoysalas, built in the 12th-13th centuries and represented here by the three components of Belur, Halebid and Somnathapura attest to the creativity and skill of the Hoysala artists and architects.
- The Hoysala temples have a basic Darvidian morphology but show strong influences of the Bhumija mode widely used in Central India, the Nagara traditions of northern and western India, and the Karntata Dravida modes favoured by the Kalyani Chalukyas.
NIPER Research Portal
⇒ Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers Shri Mansukh Mandaviya launched NIPER Research Portal on 28 January 2022.
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Research Portal has been created with the aim to disseminate the information about all the NIPERs and their research activities, patents filed and Publication information at one place so that a industry and other stakeholders know about them.
13th edition of Bengaluru International Film Festival, 2022
⇒ The 13th edition of Bengaluru International Film Festival was held from 3rd to 10th March 2022.
- The film festival is organized by the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy for the Government of Karnataka.
Important Award winners of 13th BIFFES, 2022:
Asian Cinema Competition:
Best Asian Film 2021: NOT TODAY, Director: Aditya Kripalani
Best Asian Film 2020: GOD ON THE BALCONY, Director: Biswajeet Bora
Indian Cinema Competition:
Best Indian Cinema Award 2020: SEMKHOR, Director: Aimee Baruah
Best Indian Cinema Award 2021: MEPPADIYAN, Director: Vishnu Mohan
Kannada Cinema Competition
Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy award for the Best Kannada Cinema 2021: DODDAHATTI BOREGOWDA, Director: Raghu K M
Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy award for the Best Kannada Cinema 2020: PINKI ELLI?, Director: Prithvi Konanur
Kannada Popular Entertainment
Most Popular Kannada Cinema of the Year Award 2020: DIA, Director: Ashoka K S
Most Popular Kannada Cinema of the Year Award 2021: YUVARATHNAA, Director: Santhosh Anandram
The Economic Survey 2021-22
⇒ The Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs, Smt Nirmala Sitharaman presented the Economic Survey 2021-22 in Parliament on 31 January 2022.
- India’s GDP will grow at the rate of 8.0-8.5 percent in the year 2022-23.
Read More About The Economic Survey 2021-22
2022 Odisha Open
⇒ The 2022 Odisha Open was a BWF Super 100 tournament, held from 25 to 30 January 2022 at Jawaharlal Nehru Indoor Stadium, Cuttack, Odisha. This was the first edition of the Odisha Open.
- The 2022 Odisha Open was the third tournament of the 2022 BWF World Tour.
- The tournament was organized by the Badminton Association of India with sanction from the Badminton World Federation.
Kiran George (India) defeated Priyanshu Rajawat (India)
Unnati Hooda (India) defeated Smit Toshniwal (India)
Nur Mohd Azriyn Ayub (Malaysia) & Lim Khim Wah (Malaysia) defeated P. S. Ravikrishna (India) & Sankar Prasad Udayakumar (India)
Gayathri Gopichand Pullela (India) & Treesa Jolly (India) defeated Shruti Mishra (India) & Sanyogita Ghorpade (India)
Sachin Dias (Sri Lanka) & Thilini Hendahewa (Sri Lanka) defeated Arjun M.R. (India) & Treesa Jolly (India)
30th National Commission for Women Foundation Day
⇒ Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed 30th National Commission for Women Foundation Day programme on 31 January 2022.
The theme of the programme ‘She The Change Maker’ is aimed at celebrating the achievements of women in different fields.
» The National Commission for Women was set up as statutory body in 31 January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990 (Act No. 20 of 1990 of Govt.of India) to:
- review the Constitutional and Legal safeguards for women;
- recommend remedial legislative measures;
- facilitate redressal of grievances and
- advise the Government on all policy matters affecting women.
Noted educationist Baba Iqbal Singh
⇒ Noted educationist Baba Iqbal Singh passed away on 29 January 2022 at Baru Sahib in Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh. He was 96.
Baba Iqbal Singh was awarded the Padma Shri in 2022 for his social work. Earlier in 2018, Baba Iqbal Singh was also awarded with ‘Shiromani Panth Ratan’ by Takht Sri Harmandar Ji Patna Sahib (one of five Takhts of Sikhs in Bihar), a title of honour and distinction for the excellent services to the Sikh community.
He established Eternal University in 2008 and Akal University, Guru ki Kashi in Punjab in 2015.