- Ceremonial change-over of the Army Guard Battalion stationed at Rashtrapati Bhavan was held on November 28, 2020.
The 5th Battalion of the 1st Gorkha Rifles completed its three and half years tenure as Ceremonial Army Guard Battalion & handed over the charge to 6th Battalion of the Sikh Regiment.
- A very severe cyclonic storm “NIVAR” hits over Bay of Bengal during 22 November – 27 November, 2020.
- Broad gauge network of Indian Railways is already electrified more than 66% (41500km) of its route. Indian Railways has set a target to complete Electrification of its Broad gauge network by December 2023. It has target to complete 28143 km of Railway Track electrification by December 2023.
Dev Deepawali Mahotsav:
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav at the Raj Ghat in Varanasi on 30th November, 2020.
- Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar along with Union Minister for Civil Aviation and Housing and Urban Affairs Shri Hardeep Singh Puri released a booklet ‘PM Modi and his Government’s special relationship with Sikhs’ on November 30, 2020. The booklet was released in three languages Hindi, Punjabi and English.
- The birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev is also known as Guru Parv and Prakash Utsav. The founder of Sikhism, Guru Nanak Dev birthday celebrated on poornima date of Shukla Paksha of Kartik month every year. This year it was celebrated on 30th November, 2020.
- The Vice President of India, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu addressed the International Webinar on “Cycling in the post-Covid world” on November 28, 2020.
He called for promoting cycling culture and creating exclusive cycling tracks in cities.
Important Day: National Organ Donation Day
- National Organ Donation Day is celebrated in India on November 27 every year.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare chaired multiple events to mark the 11th National Organ Donation Day 2020. It was organised by The National Organ & Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO) under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
With 12,666 organs transplanted in 2019, India ranked third in the world as per WHO-Global Observatory on Donation and Transplantation (GODT) website.
- Rajya Sabha MP from Gujarat Shri Abhay Bhardwaj died, on 01 December 2020 due to COVID-19 complications. He was 66.