- Amir of the State of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah passed away on 29th September, 2020. As a mark of respect to the departed dignitary, the Government of India has decided that there will be one day’s State Mourning on October 4, 2020 throughout India.
- Union Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri D.V. Sadananda Gowda addressed a webinar on “Specialty Chemical” Organized by Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals and FICCI on 29th September, 2020. He also launched “India chem 2021” Which will be held from 17th to 19th March 2021.
- Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh launched the Defence India Startup Challenge (DISC 4) during the iDEX event in New Delhi on 29th September, 2020. The initiatives has aimed at expanding the horizons of Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) ecosystem.
During the event, Defence Minister also launched iDEX4Fauji initiative and Product Management Approach (PMA) guidelines. iDEX4Fauji is a first of its kind initiative, launched to support innovations identified by members of the Indian Armed Forces and will bolster frugal innovation ideas from soldiers/ field formations.
- On 30th September, 2020, Union Minister of Science & Technology, Earth Sciences and Health & Family Welfare, Dr Harsh Vardhan was launched CSIR Technologies for rural development.
It was launched under a joint initiative of Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) and Vijnana Bharti (VIBHA). The event was organized through online platform on the occasion of CSIR-NISTADS 40th Foundation Day.
CSIR Technologies Includes:
- Improved bee hive for quality and hygienic extraction of honey, CSIR-IHBT, Palampur
- Technology for manufacturing of Ginger paste, CSIR-CFTRI, Mysore
- Dehumidified drier for food and agri products, CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram; and
- Technology for agricultural waste (wheat bran, sugarcane bagasse and fruit peels) based
- biodegradable plates, cups and cutleries, CSIR-NIIST, Thiruvananthapuram
On the occasion, Minister also launched the CSIR-NISTADS e-Compendium and e-Coffee Table Book.
- The Minister of State for Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri Kiren Rijiju launched new logo of the Sports Authority of India’s (SAI) at Delhi’s Major Dhyan Chand Stadium, on 30th September, 2020.
The new logo signifies SAI’s journey of metamorphosis from identifying and nurturing grassroots level sporting talent to creating sporting excellence in the country.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare participated in the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health “Accountability Breakfast” on 29th September, 2020.
The event was co-hosted by the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) and Every Woman Every Child (EWEC). A recurrent theme this year was the effort to protect hard earned gains in the field of Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health from the COVID pandemic.
- Ms S Aparna has assumed charge as Secretary in the Department of Pharmaceuticals Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, Govt. of India on 01 October 2020. She is a 1988 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre.
- Major General Sonali Ghosal assumed the charge of Additional Director General Military Nursing Service on 01 October 2020. Major General Sonali Ghosal was commissioned in 1981.
- B. Rohith has been awarded the United Nations WMO (World Meteorological Organisation) Research Award for Young-Scientists.
He got the award for his paper entitled “Basin-wide sea level coherency in the tropical Indian Ocean driven by Madden–Julian Oscillation”. He is a Scientist at INCOIS, Hyderabad, and extra-mural research fellow at the Department of Meteorology and Oceanography, Andhra University.
- Renowned physician and teacher of medicine, K V Thiruvengadam died due to illness on 03rd October, 2020. He was 94. He was the recipient of Padma Shri award for his contribution to the field of medicine.
- Former Odisha Minister and BJD MLA from Pipili constituency, Pradeep Maharathy died due to COVID-19 infection on 04th October, 2020. He was 65.