- “Air India One-Boeing 777-300 ER” aircraft landed at the Delhi International Airport on October 1, 2020. It is reached India after undergoing retrofitment in the U.S. for more than two years. It will be used for VVIP travel, includes President, Vice-President and Prime Minister.
- Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Shri Thaawarchand Gehlote launched the “Ambedkar Social Innovation and Incubation Mission (ASIIM) under Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes” through Video Conferencing on 30th September, 2020.
This is in a view to promoting innovation and enterprise among SC students studying in higher educational institutions.
- India Post celebrated 151 Years of Postcard in India. On this occasion, Chief Postmaster General, Maharashtra Circle released Picture Postcard on Sawantwadi Toys, on 01 October, 2020.
- National Institute of Naturopathy (NIN), Pune under Ministry of AYUSH in association with the Regional Outreach Bureau Maharashtra and Goa of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is organizing a 48 day long series of webinars on Gandhian philosophy starting on Mahatma Gandhi’s birth anniversary celebrations (02 October 2020). It will go on till National Naturopathy Day, i.e., 18th Nov 2020.
The theme of the webinar is “Mahatma Gandhi- The Healer” and are intended to propagate the relevance of GandhiJi’s thoughts on Health and Nutrition in the 21st century among people of all walks of life. The aim of the program is to create awareness on Naturopathy practices with demonstrations.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi was inaugurated “Vaishvik Bhartiya Vaigyanik (VAIBHAV) Summit” on 02nd October 2020. It is being organized from 2nd October to 31st October 2020.
The VAIBHAV Summit is a global virtual summit of overseas and resident Indian Researchers and Academicians. The aim of the summit is to bring Indian origin luminaries in academic institutes and R&D organizations across the world and resident counterparts on a single platform to debate upon collaboration mechanisms to strengthen academic and S&T base in India for global development.
- NITI Aayog and Embassy of the Netherlands, New Delhi, signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) on 28 September 2020. This aims to support the decarbonization and energy transition agenda for accommodating cleaner and more energy.
- Air Marshal RJ Duckworth took over as Air Officer in charge Personnel at Air Headquarters Vayu Bhawan, Indian Air Force on 01st October 2020. He was commissioned into Fighter Stream of the IAF on 29 May 1983 as a Fighter Pilot.
- International Day for Older Persons is celebrated every year on 1st October as declared by United Nations. This is to recognize, enable and expand the contributions of older people in their families, communities and societies at large and to raise awareness towards issues of ageing.
Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launches Decade of Healthy Ageing (2020-2030) on International Day for Older Persons. It aimed at mainstreaming issues related to elderly and to deliberate upon ways to ensure better and effective delivery of services, making full use of convergence mechanisms.
- JMM Leader & Jharkhand minority welfare minister Haji Hussain Ansari died due to cardiac arrest in Ranchi on 03 Oct 2020. He was 73.
- Former VMRDA (Visakhapatnam Metropolitan Region Development Authority) chairman and two-time Vizag MLA Dronamraju Srinivasa Rao died of Covid-19 on 04th October, 2020. He was 59.