Third Stealth Scorpene Class Submarine INS Karanj
- Indian Navy’s third stealth Scorpene class Submarine INS Karanj has been commissioned on 10 March 2021 at the Naval Dockyard Mumbai. Six Scorpene Class submarines are being built in India by the Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) Mumbai, under collaboration with M/s Naval Group, France.
Kindle version of Swami Chidbhavanandaji’s Bhagavad Gita
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched the Kindle version of Swami Chidbhavanandaji’s Bhagavad Gita on March 11, 2021 through virtual mode.
Swami Chidbhavanandaji is the founder of Sri Ramakrishna Tapovanam Ashram at Thirupparaithurai, Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu.
11th K.R. Ramamani Memorial Tax Moot Court Competition:
- 11th K.R. Ramamani Memorial Taxation Moot Court Competition was held from 5 March to 7 March, 2021. It was organised by School of Excellence in Law, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
SASTRA Law School is again emerged as winner of the 11th KR Ramamani Tax Moot Court competition. In the last eight years, SASTRA has won five times.
'Haritha Haram' Award
- GITAM, deemed-to-be University, Hyderabad received ‘Haritha Haram’ award from Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 5 March 2021.
GITAM received this award for its contribution in keeping the environment green, clean, safe and healthy. As a part of Telangana Government’s prestigious program ‘Haritha Haram’, GITAM planted more than 50,000 saplings in 2019.
'King Bhumibol World Soil Day-2020 Award' by FAO
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) was conferred with the prestigious “King Bhumibol World Soil Day-2020” Award by FAO.
Ms Suchitra Durai, Ambassador of India to the Kingdom of Thailand received the prestigious “King Bhumibol World Soil Day-2020 Award” of FAO on the behalf of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research on 10 March 2021.
The FAO, Rome, announced an international recognition to ICRA for contributing to “Soil Health Awareness” on the theme “Stop soil erosion, save our future” during the last year on World Soil Day – 2020.
Indian Premier League-2021
- Indian Premier League-2021 will begin in Chennai on April 9 and will be played across six venues- Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, & Mumbai. The final match will be held on 30 May, 2021 in Ahmedabad.
52nd Raising Day of CISF
- The Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) observed its 52nd Raising Day on 10 March 2021. It is the day, when the CISF was set up under the Union ministry of home affairs in 1969. CISF is the one of six paramilitary forces in India.
World Glaucoma Week
- World Glaucoma Week was observed from March 7 to March 13, 2021. World Glaucoma Week is a global joint initiative between the World Glaucoma Association (WGA) and the World Glaucoma Patient Network (WGPN) in order to raise awareness on glaucoma.
Next year it will be celebrated from 6th March to 12th March, 2022.
- Former editor of Popular Tamil daily ‘Dinamalar’ and renowned numismatist R Krishnamurthy died on 04 March 2021 due to heart attack. He was 88.
He was conferred with the ‘Tholkappiar Award’, for his work on Tamil script and Numismatics in 2015.