PM released a Manuscript of Srimad Bhagavadgita
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi released a Manuscript with commentaries by 21 scholars on shlokas of Srimad Bhagavadgita on 9 March 2021.
First prize during Swachhta Pakhwada
- The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation, the Department of Consumer Affairs and all organisations under its administrative control viz. the Bureau of Indian Standards, National Test House, Indian Institute of Legal Metrology, Ranchi, as well as the five Regional Reference Standards Laboratories observed the Swachhata Pakhwada from 16th to 28th February, 2021.
All organizations were evaluated based on various parameters. Subsequently, the first, second and third awards sponsored by the Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation were announced for the Bureau of Indian Standards, National Test House and RRSL, Bhubaneswar respectively. The awards were announced at a video conference held on 9 March 2021 to review the achievements achieved during the pakhwada.
Paradip Plastic Park, Odisha
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Odisha Industrial Infrastructure Development Corporation (IDCO) on 9 March 2021 signed an agreement and a Memorandum of Understanding to develop Paradip Plastic Park.
With a project cost of Rs 107 crore, the park is spread over 120 acre of land at Paradip.
Currently, six such parks have been approved by the Government of India, with Paradip Plastic Park being one of them.
25th Edition of ‘International Film Festival of Kerala’ 2021
- The 25th edition of “International Film Festival of Kerala” 2021 was organised by Kerala State Chalachitra Academy, on behalf of Department of Cultural Affairs, Govt of Kerala.
Chief Minister of Kerala Pinarayi Vijayan inaugurated the 25th edition of the International Film Festival of Kerala (IFFK) on 10 February 2021. Read More About 25th ‘International Film Festival of Kerala’ 2021
International Conference on Multifunctional Electronic Materials & Processing 2021
- ‘Centre for Materials for Electronics Technology’ in Pune celebrated its 30th foundation day on 8 March 2021.
On the occasion, Shri Sanjay Dhotre, the Union Minister of State for Education, Communications, Electronics & Information Technology, Govt of India, inaugurated the ‘International Conference on Multifunctional Electronic Materials & Processing’ (MEMP 2021). It was held at Pune during 8-10 March 2021.
MEMP-2021 provided an opportunity to scientists, researchers, academicians and young students to interact with eminent scientists/technologists working in the field of multifunctional electronic materials for various applications & their processing for making devices.
International Women’s Day 2021
- International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on 8 March. The global day is to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women.
The UN’s theme for the International Women’s Day 2021 was “Women in leadership: Achieving an equal future in a COVID-19 world”.
This year’s International Women’s Day campaign theme was #ChooseToChallenge.
On International Women’s Day, Union Environment Minister,Shri Prakash Javadekar released an e-book titled: ‘The Green Queens of India – A nation’s pride’. Read More About International Women’s Day 2021
- Kannada poet, eminent academic and critic Prof N S Lakshminarayana Bhatta passed away on 06 March 2021 in Bengaluru. He was 85.
He was conferred with Karnataka Sahitya Academy award in 1974.
He translated the famous 50 sonnets of William Shakespeare (Suneeta), 50 poems of Irish poet William Butler Yeats (Chinnada Hakki) & several others. His works includes ‘Mrichhakatika’, ‘Espeet Raja’, ‘Jagannatha Vijaya’, & ‘Mudra Manjusha’ etc are among others.