Inauguration of Technology Centres, Extension Centres and Udyam Express of MSME
- Minister of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri Nitin Gadkari virtually inaugurated two technology centres at Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh and Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh, three extension centres of big technological centres and seven mobile Udyam Express on 10 March 2021.
The main objective of the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises is to further increase the geographic footprint of Technology Centres network through future ready new Technological Centres with vertical as well as horizontal expansion to cover more states and regions.
Delhi Government's Budget for Financial Year 2021-2022
- The Delhi government’s Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia presented a Rs 69,000-crore budget themed on “Patriotism” (Deshbhakti) for financial year 2021-22 on 9 March 2021.
He also announced free COVID-19 vaccination to all in its hospitals in the coming phases of the ongoing inoculation drive.
In the budget, Rs 16,377 crore, one-fourth of the total budget, has been allocate for the education sector while the health sector got Rs 9,934 crore.
FIAF award to Amitabh Bachchan
- Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan has been honored with an award by the International Federation of Film Archives (FIAF). Hollywood film-makers Martin Scorsese and Christopher Nolan presented the award to Amitabh Bachchan on March 19, 2021. Scorsese and Nolan are previous recipients of the award.
Amitabh Bachchan is the first Indian cinema personality to be bestowed with the FIAF Award for his dedication and contribution to the preservation of the world’s film heritage.
The FIAF is a worldwide organization, comprising of film archives and museums from across the world.
Export of 3000 HP Cape Gauge Locomotive to Mozambique
- The Union Minister of Railways, Commerce & Industry and Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution, Shri Piyush Goyal flagged off 3000 HP Cape Gauge Locomotive for export to Mozambique via video conference.
These locomotives are developed indigenously by Banaras Locomotive Works, Varanasi under Make-in-India. These locomotives are being exported through Indian Railways’ PSU, Rites Limited.
Indian Railways’ Production Unit, Banaras Locomotive Works (BLW) received order for 6 Diesel, Cape Gauge locomotives. Indian Railways exported first batch of 2 locomotives as part of total order of 6 locomotives.
The export of locomotives to Mozambique shall boost the Indo-African relationship and pilot the economic empowerment through export.
India – Uzbekistan Joint Military exercise “DUSTLIK II”
- The India – Uzbekistan joint military exercise “DUSTLIK II” was held in Foreign Training Node Chaubatia, Ranikhet (Uttarakhand). It was commenced on 10 March 2021, & continued till 19th March 2021.
45 Soldiers each from Uzbekistan and Indian Army was participated in the exercise. Both contingents’ shared their expertise and skills in the field of counter terrorist operations in mountainous/rural/urban scenario under UN mandate.
This was the Second Edition of annual bilateral joint exercise of both armies. The first edition of the exercise was held at Uzbekistan in Nov 2019.
131st Foundation Day of the National Archives
- 131st Foundation Day of the National Archives was celebrated on 11 March 2021.
On the occasion of Foundation Day, the Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent Charge) Shri Prahlad Singh Patel inaugurated the digitization of 4.5 Crore pages of Records and Exhibition based on “Mahatma Gandhi & the Non-Cooperation Movement”.
The National Archives currently has a collection of over 18.00 crore pages.
National Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) Day
- National Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) Day was observed on March 10, 2021.
Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh addressed virtually at National Gestational Diabetes Awareness Day from Bengaluru. He also released the Guidelines for “Management of Diabetes in Pregnancy” prepared by ‘Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Group of India (DIPSI)’.
- Veteran Indian athlete Ishar Singh Deol has died on 06 March 2021. He was 91. He was conferred with the Dhyan Chand National Sports Award in 2009 for his lifelong contribution towards sports.