- Uttar Pradesh government signed the concessionaire agreement with Zurich Airport to begin the development of Jewar Airport on 07th October, 2020.
Zurich Airport International AG won the bid last year in November for building the greenfield airport set to come up in Greater Noida’s Jewar.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi participated in the Abhinandan program in Solang Valley, Himachal Pradesh on 03rd October, 2020. He announced the construction of 66 MW Dhaulasidh Hydro Project at Hamirpur.
- Prime Minister Street Vendor’s AtmaNibhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme, Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has entered into a MoU with Swiggy, the leading food ordering and delivery platform in India.
The MoU aims to on-board street food vendors on Swiggy ecommerce platform. It will give them online access to thousands of consumers and help these vendors grow their businesses.
To begin with, MoHUA and Swiggy will run a pilot program by on-boarding 250 vendors across five cities namely-Ahmadabad, Chennai, Delhi, Indore, and Varanasi.
- According to new report released on 07th October, 2020 by the Global Coalition on Aging (GCOA), Alzheimer’s Disease International (ADI) and the Lien Foundation, on Dementia Innovation Readiness Index 2020:
Bengaluru ranked 24 with an overall score of 5.2 out of 10 in dementia innovation out of 30 global cities.
Dementia Innovation Readiness Index 2020 report is to evaluates the readiness of 30 global cities to develop and adopt innovations in dementia & aimed to uncover, where there are opportunities for innovation across the global dementia community.
- The union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the signing a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Japan in the field of cyber security on 07th October, 2020.
The pact is aimed at enhancing cooperation in emerging technologies, protection of critical infrastructure, cyberspace and to mitigate threats to communication networks.
- The Nobel Prize in Literature for 2020 is awarded to the American poet Louise Glück on 08th October, 2020.
She got the award, “for her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal”.
Book & Technology:
- Union Minister of State (I/C) Development of North Eastern Region, MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh released a Coffee Table Book on 04th October, 2020 on “Discovering the Heritage of Assam”.
The book author Padampani Bora is an officer of the Indian Revenue Service (IRS-2009 batch). Mr. Amitabh Bachchan foreword the book and published by Penguin.
- Dr Manik Pradhan and his research team at S N Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata has recently spotted the new biomarker for diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori in semi-heavy water (HDO) in human exhaled breath. The biomarker called “BreathPrint” found in the exhaled breath may soon help in early diagnosis of bacteria that causes peptic ulcer. The research was published recently in the journal “Analytical Chemistry” of the American Chemical Society.
- Former Governor of Manipur and Nagaland, and ex-CBI Director, Ashwani Kumar died in Shimla on 07th October, 2020. He was 70.
- Writer, teacher and theatre personality Induhas Ramarao Jevoor died due to cardiac arrest in Dharwad on 07th October, 2020. He was 80. He wrote plays titled Mareechike, Muttina Bale and children’s plays Siddhartha, Satyavembudu Harano, etc.