Book 'Odisha Itihaas'
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi released the Hindi translation of the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’ written by ‘Utkal Keshari’ Dr Harekrushna Mahtab on 9th April 2021 from New Delhi. The releasing event of the Hindi version of book was organized by Harekrushna Mahtab Foundation.
So far available in Oriya and English, this book has been translated into Hindi by Shri Shankarlal Purohit.
Dr Harekrushna Mahtab was a notable figure in the Indian Independence Movement. He also served as Chief Minister of Odisha from 1946 to 1950 and from 1956 to 1961.
He wrote the book ‘Odisha Itihaas’ in Ahmednagar Fort Jail, where he was imprisoned for more than two years during 1942-1945.
“मधुक्रान्ति पोर्टल” and 'Honey Corners'
- Union Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched “मधुक्रान्ति पोर्टल” and Honey Corners of NAFED in New Delhi on 07 April 2021.
“मधुक्रान्ति पोर्टल” is an initiative of National Bee Board, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, under National Beekeeping & Honey Mission.
This portal is developed for online registration to achieve traceability source of Honey and other beehive products on a digital platform.
Shri Tomar said Honey Mission will lead to increase in income of farmers, employment generation and increase in exports.
Defence Minister of Kazakhstan visited to India
- General Nurlan Yermekbayev, Defence Minister of Kazakhstan along with his delegation visited India from April 7-10, 2021. During his four day visit he travelled to Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Agra & New Delhi.
Lieutenant General Nurlan Yermekbayev held a bilateral meeting with Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
This visit was focused on boosting bilateral defence cooperation. Both countries shared common interests of actively combating the threat of global terrorism and maintaining peace.
High Level Virtual Event with the President of the Republic of Seychelles
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi took part in a high level virtual event with the President of the Republic of Seychelles H. E. Wavel Ramkalawan on April 8, 2021 to inaugurate a range of Indian projects in Seychelles.
Features of High Level Virtual Event:
(A) Joint e-inauguration of the new Magistrates’ Court Building in Seychelles (in the capital city Victoria);
(B) Handing over of a 50–m Fast Patrol Vessel to Seychelles Coast Guard, (Fast Patrol Vessel has been made in India by M/s GRSE, Kolkata);
(C) Handing over of a 1 MW Solar Power Plant (at the Romainville Island);
(D) Inauguration of 10 High Impact Community Development Projects (HICDPs), (Implemented by the High Commission of India).
93rd Academy (Oscar) Awards 2021
- The 93rd Academy Awards ceremony was held in Los Angeles on 25 April 2021 to honor the films released in 2020.
The Academy Awards is popularly known as Oscar award. It was presented by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).
INS Sarvekshak, in Mauritius
- The ‘INS Sarvekshak’ is a hydrographic survey ship. The vessel has been deployed in Mauritius for undertaking joint hydrographic surveys along with their Mauritian counterparts.
The ship visited Port Louis, Mauritius and commenced the hydrographic survey of ‘Deep sea area off Port Louis’.
The ‘INS Sarvekshak” is a specialized survey ship, is fitted with state-of-the-art survey equipment like ‘Deep Sea Multi-Beam Echo Sounder’, Side Scan Sonars. It has a fully automated digital surveying and processing system.
The INS Sarvekshak has undertaken various foreign cooperation surveys in the past few years in Mauritius, Seychelles, Tanzania and Kenya.
Veteran Shooting Coach, Sanjay Chakraverty
- Veteran Shooting Coach, Sanjay Chakraverty was passed away in Mumbai. He was 79.
He guided the shooters such as Olympic medallist Gagan Narang and Anjali Bhagwat. He was conferred with the Dronacharya Award for shooting in 2017.
Veteran screenwriter & Malayalam Actor, P Balachandran
- Veteran screenwriter & Malayalam Actor, P Balachandran has passed away in Vaikom on 05 April 2021. He was 69.
He won two major awards, the Kerala Sahitya Akademi Award and Kerala Professional Nataka Award, for his play ‘Paavam Usman’ in 1989.